PDA

View Full Version : Selecting Polys in LW 8+

jonj33
05-26-2005, 11:37 AM
I recently upgraded to 8.3 from 7.5. In modeler, I'm used to holding in the right mouse btn and dragging a lasso around the area I want selected. I LW 8.0+ I only get some of the polys with this procedure, even if I try to select the entire object with a lasso. What changed?

liquidpope
05-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Which window are you doing this in, one of the ortho windows or the perspective?
I'm thinking in the perspective view it will be hit or miss, but in orthos you'll get everything you "circled".
Try both and you'll see what I mean.
I personally haven't had any problems with point or poly selection in 8.3...
Anyone else?

jonj33
05-26-2005, 11:51 AM
Thx for the response. I'm aware Perspective mode doesn't always let you grab everything. My prob is in the ortho windows. I can't grab the entire object with all the polys -- it seems the ones on the opposite side don't get selected. I don't have Symmetry turned on.

Karmacop
05-26-2005, 12:10 PM
Can you post a screenshot of modeler after you've tried to select the entire object? That way we might be able to have a better idea of what is happening.

jonj33
05-26-2005, 12:42 PM
I got it working. I decided to uninstall and reinstall LW 8.0 and the feature is working like it should. I may hold off on reinstalling 8.3 for a while. Thanx very much for your responses.

ACLOBO
05-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Are you sure you didn't mistakenly have your ortho views in some other type of render mode than wireframe? Maybe you have like sketch or some other mode that just shows the facing polys on those modes - thus you would only select those facing polys.

I am running 8.3 without any problems.

-Adrian

Karmacop
05-26-2005, 06:45 PM
You should really send this bug to [email protected] so that Newtek can attempt to fix it.