PDA

View Full Version : 2 many categories in the forum??

Lude
05-26-2005, 02:52 AM
Hi Guys do any of u think this forum might have to many categories. And that a lot of posts go unseen / unanswered as there in a section not many people look in.

I think that having so many categories might be giving the impression of a slow forum / community because you just donít see how many new posts go up.

Anyway I could be talking crap, but just wondered how other people feel about how this forum in split up?

Lude.

Weetos
05-26-2005, 03:35 AM
personaly I use the 'new posts' link as a bookmark so when I visit the forum I get every new/updated threads, whatever the category they've been posted in

This way you can't miss a thing ;) I just hope most people also do this

regards

Captain Obvious
05-26-2005, 03:43 AM
personaly I use the 'new posts' link as a bookmark so when I visit the forum I get every new/updated threads, whatever the category they've been posted in
Same here. :p I'd like to be able to filter it, though, so I don't get results from the VT forums, for example.

Weetos
05-26-2005, 03:58 AM
Same here. :p I'd like to be able to filter it, though, so I don't get results from the VT forums, for example.
Oh yeah I'd love that too ;)

riki
05-26-2005, 09:39 AM
yeah I've been thinking the same thing for awhile. Because the user base is spread out over so many forums. There's not as much feedback as there use to be. Less dynamic and less sense of a community IMHO.

robewil
05-26-2005, 10:05 AM
When there were fewer categories, people were asking for more, a game development one comes to mind. The first one on my list to go would be the "General Discussion" forum. Threads in the Newtek forum should be about Lightwave, VT, or Tricaster, a combination of these, or products relating to them so why have a "general discussion" forum?

prospector
05-26-2005, 01:21 PM
I think you can unsubscribe or subscribe to different forums (like VT) by clicking unsubscribe in your bios.

GregMalick
05-26-2005, 04:51 PM
I think subscription only refers to threads you want notification for.

I sure wish I could unsubscribe the VT forum from new posts. :rolleyes:

lede
05-26-2005, 05:07 PM
prospector is right there is a way to subscribe to a section on the forums. I have four in my cp and those are all the ones I check and am interested in. Not sure if there is too many but then again I don't go through searching for the forums I'm interested in since I've subscribed to the major ones I'm interested in.

my 2 cents

-Lee

t4d
05-27-2005, 12:17 AM
Agree too many categories

Personall I do prefer something between Cgtalk One live list
and Spinquad broken up "alittle" categories

I feel There's just too many here

User groups should be in Community
Technique Discussions is a waste
But you need third party and tips & tricks
Lscript should in One section ( it's important but not that active )