PDA

View Full Version : Mac Bug Workshop - LightWave 8.3

Chuck
05-25-2005, 10:24 AM
The purpose of this thread is to gather bug reports current for 8.3 on the Mac. Please try to cross-reference the Bug Workshop threads on the PC and General support forums - all bugs should appear in the General Forum Bug Workshop thread, and Mac platform specific bugs should be reported here as well.

Borrowing from Riki:

Suggested format:

-------------------------------------

# 001 Ref number for tracking and Bug confirmation from other users.

LW 8.2, OS: 10.3.4, G4 800, 512

-------------------------------------

Followed then of course by the bug report, with numbered steps to repeat the error. Followed hopefully by confirmation from other users.

FAQ on Workshop Procedures:

Is it best to edit a previous post or make a new post, when there is new information on a given bug?

There is a reasonable enough case for each alternative to make doing both worth considering. Editing the initial report post can make things easier for folks coming to the thread new and going through it for the first time (it would be a good idea to include the date as part of your entry for the new info added this way); however, it might also be wise to provide for those who have been reading as the thread developed and who jump to the end when they come back, by appending a new post with a note such as "Post # 43 has been edited to include this new information about bug #052: [paste new info here]."

Should I post only bugs that are new in this version, or can I post bugs that existed before?

Any bug that exists in the current build should be reported in the Workshop thread. If it also existed in the previous build or perhaps even recurred from some earlier version, then that information should be noted as well, with reference to the previous workshop thread and post in which it was previously reported, if available, or the previous version in which it occurred.

pantone
06-01-2005, 01:41 PM
001 [number added by moderator]

In modeler the pan widget in the windows (little cross icon) produces the opposite effect of what it used to.

If I click on the widget and drag upward my view moves downward. If I click on the widget and drag to the right my view moves to the left.

Conversely if I hold down the "OPTION" key and drag left my view moves left. If I hold down the "OPTION" key and drag right my view moves right.

This is happening on:

nVidia GeForceTi, ATI Mobility Radeon, nVidia???(in a G5 DP 1.8 workstation.)

cresshead
06-01-2005, 02:05 PM
002 [number added by moderator]

"display selected points" when in any type of shaded mode in modeler.. bug on a mac mini 1.42gig 512 ram mac osx 10.39 with 8.3 is STILL there...could we get this fixed soon? :o

you just can't see the selected points...this is NOT happening in lightwave 7.5...lightwave 7.5 displays just fine on the very same machine.

so until it's fixed i somewhat reluctant to install my second seat of lightwave for the mac...please fix it if you can!

cj8n
06-02-2005, 11:52 AM
003 [number added by moderator]

When I hit F9 the view rendered is not the view shown in camera view. When render finishes and I dismis the preview window the camera view in layout changes to the new view, typically the default camera position. This problem is reproduceable.

system LW 8.3, OSX 10.4.1, 4gb Dual 2.5 ghz G5, nvidia 6800

Thanks,

Chris

parm
06-03-2005, 01:56 AM
Chris,

Camera view render works fine here. Can you describe the steps that create the bug? Are you quite sure that you have the camera position keyframed before you press F9?

8.3 0n G4 10.3.9

Parm

cj8n
06-03-2005, 05:30 AM
Keying the camera sometimes overcomes the problem but not in all cases.

The setup that produces the problem is the basic workflow. Starting from a default layout I add a few objects (doesn't seem to matter what they are), position the camera and F9 render. The view rendered doesn't match the camera and is often the default camera view, but not in every case.

I'm rolling back to 8.1 as 8.3 is unusable with this bug.

thanks,

Chris

Chuck
06-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Folks, please remember to number! :)

Cress, I thought I saw a report somewhere that the issue you describe has a workaround: if you change the point/wireframe view options to simple points/simple wireframes, then selected points are visible, as they should be in shaded modes. Have you tried this?

LSlugger
06-04-2005, 10:01 PM
LW 8.3 (801), OS X 10.4.1, 1GHz G4, 768MB, Radeon 9200

As reported in the 8.2 thread as bug 007, VIPER's new mosaic mode still does not work on the Mac. If VIPER is set to mosaic when you first render, it displays nothing. If you change to another mode, then back to mosaic, you can see the image. If you then change a value in the surface editor, you see a very blocky image, as if the progressive render stopped after one iteration.

More details are available in "what's the deal with 'mosaic' in viper? (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=33887)" and "welcome VIPER enhancements. (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=37570)"

luka
06-05-2005, 08:52 AM
Mac OS 10.3.9 LW 8.3

Hi this bug is still persistent form v8 You start Modeler edit or modify an object save then either quit or close the window, the program crashes? The same with Layout. So whateve you just changed doesn't get saved. This needs to be addressed.

TEMP 006. Can someone confirm this one. When in layout if you choose say a light and go to scale it or stretch it you can't seem to edit the shape using the handles.

pantone
06-07-2005, 07:54 AM
When I load an object that uses a Tiff file (in modeler or layout), or apply a Tiff file I get an error message (see picture.)

This message comes up each time I load the object with the Tiff file, but the file still loads and renders.

pantone
06-08-2005, 09:01 AM
It would appear there isn't a way to get a color pass out of the "Buffer View" or "Buffer Export" filters anymore.

It's been a while since I've used it, but I seem to remember that "Raw RGB" was the color pass.

Here's what I get for Raw RGB pass (see attached).

I rendered out every buffer in the list in both filters and neither of them showed a color pass.

(BTW the docs on this feature could use some work. Doing a search in the electronic docs produces nothing. (Searching for "image processing" also produced nothing.) Searching the PDF links to a two sentence description.)

UPDATE:
It would appear that you have to turn off raytraced transparency and refraction in order to get a raw RGB buffer to render properly. Turning off those options in "Render Options" produces the expected results in the Raw RGB buffer.

mlinde
06-09-2005, 11:17 PM
When I load an object that uses a Tiff file (in modeler or layout), or apply a Tiff file I get an error message (see picture.)

This message comes up each time I load the object with the Tiff file, but the file still loads and renders.
I am seeing this error, but the image still loads and displays. Is this true for you as well?

McDonald
06-10-2005, 07:31 AM
Hi fellas, I am new to this so go easy with me...

I am using LW 8.3 on a G4 dual (running OS 10.3.8)

Modeler has an annoying display problem as mentioned in (002)
All of the shaded views (not wireframe) do not display points when I select them.

Although, at work I am using the same software on a G5 and there is no problem.

Is it a G4 versus G5 issue

JML
06-10-2005, 08:11 AM

the same thing happens here too on some of our macs.

the big problem is that sometimes, this tif error can crash our scene on random computers.(it happened on 2 computers already)

The only way to be able to load the scene was to convert all tifs into jpegs..
not good. (our tif are usually 8bit tif to save memory.)

this "crash thing" with tif files does not happen all the time and is pretty unstable,
so not able to repeat that error..

on PC it was fine, but with 8.3 , the same thing happen on PC now. (tif warning message)

A lot of our textures are tif so it's a big problem for us.

the tif plugin was fine for so many years, why is it a problem now?
why was it nessecary to change this tif plugin file..

pantone
06-10-2005, 08:38 AM
I've been converting my .tif files to .tga's. This works and avoids any of the jpg compression issues. PSD files also seem to work fine.

JML
06-10-2005, 12:21 PM
I've been converting my .tif files to .tga's. This works and avoids any of the jpg compression issues. PSD files also seem to work fine.
that's not the point, we are not going to convert all of our textures because of this.
the tif plugin doesn't work, it just need to be fix, that's all.

Chazz
06-15-2005, 11:06 AM
I opened a project created on a PC with a wav sound file loaded in the new Scene Editor. On the Mac, the sound waveform does not appear in the timeline... when I try and load the sound - or any .wav, .mov, .mp3, .aiff - Layout crashes immediately.

Mac G5 2x2Ghz/6g/X800 OS10.4.1

Chazz
06-15-2005, 11:07 AM
Also, since upgrading to Tiger, Layout crashes consistently on close, or clearing of a scene. I've wiped out my prefs and stopped using the Hub to no avail.

Mac G5 2x2Ghz/6g/X800 OS10.4.1

C.Helm
06-17-2005, 01:17 PM
I am probably in the wrong section of this forum, but I need help. I would like to use zbrush to alter some geometry and was wondering if it was possible to import external geometry for use as a morph target. Is this possible and if so how do I go about it?

Also so Modeler always crashes when I quit and I get a message asking if I want to report the bug to Apple. I have been ignoring this since it doesn't seem to affect my work, but it is a little irritating (I am still using Panther) any suggestions on how to stop this message would also be greatly appreciated!

parm
06-17-2005, 03:10 PM
C.Hem, have a look here for info on crash on quit: http:

//vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=37592

Just a little further down the list on this forum.

As for the Z- brush Question, try Tips & Tricks or Third Party. If not try another forum:

http://www.cgtalk.com/ probably your best bet.

btw using the search facility on these forums is very helpful.

Parm

C.Helm
06-18-2005, 06:17 AM
Thanks Parm!

As for the Zbrush question I realize that I was trying to do things the hard way. I am going to see if a Zbrush generated displacement map is the way to go. It would be an easy work around. Zbrush is such an intuitive program I would love to use it more with lightwave.

Davidwoodn1
06-24-2005, 07:38 AM
I am running A G5 dual 2.7 with Tiger 10.4.1 with 2.5 ghz ram with Lightwave 8.3. As with version 8.2 I am still getting crashes when I quit out of Modeler and Layout. I am saving my key commands for both apps but when I load up either it seems that they sporadically return to all the default settings after loading uo Layout and modeler. This is mainly happening when booting up Layout it seems that layout cannot read the prefs file ( which is routed to the default location on my system). I have checked my Modeler, layout and Hub command line files and they all lead to the prefs folder in my user library. Does any one know what can be done with this problem. I have spoken to tech support in Europe but as usual they didn't seem to know what the problem could be after gooing through all the usual reseting key commands etc the problem still occurs. This is really starting to affect my work flow... help!!!!!

brunopeixoto
06-26-2005, 04:33 PM
This work not only for LW, but for any mac with Tiger (10.4) and Panther (10.3).
Download cocktail (www.macosxcocktail.com). There are a Panther and tiger versions.
Under pilot select all checkbox go to options and check all too. In this option panel there is another oprions button, click on it and in the new window check all for System. Click on close and then click on Run. All your temporary files will be deleted and permissions for your system disk will be reapaired. It's a good idea do this on wekly basis.
If the problem still occur try to delet the preferences for LW and Modeler - remembering you will have to add your plugins again, set content directory and so on.
It works for me.

Davidwoodn1
06-27-2005, 03:14 AM
Many thanks Bruno I will give Cocktail a go and hope that this sorts the problem out. I will let you know the results.
:)

Davidwoodn1
06-28-2005, 05:25 AM
Many, many thanks to brunopeixoto for the advice regarding crashes on quit for layout and modeler. Fingers crossed it seems to be fine for now I will keep you informed if things change thanks again for your help. :)

Harry Lime
06-28-2005, 09:40 AM
The top left viewport I use for Map visualization very often will be completely "washed out" by a solid red, white or yellow. Zooming in or out will flicker the viewport back/forth to normal/red status. This may happen anytime, regardless of the model being edited.
http://www.pix-lab.com/modeler-bug.jpg
My gear:
Mac - Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5
Standard-issue GeForce FX 5200: AGP/64 MB
RAM - 1.5 GB
OSX 10.3.9 - Build 7W98

Please note: this bug has surfaced even in my previous machines, which are old beige Mac G3s, and on my previous LW version which was 6.5

gerry_g
06-28-2005, 04:34 PM
My gear:
Standard-issue GeForce FX 5200: AGP/ 64 MB
RAM - 1.5 GB
OSX 10.3.9 - Build 7W98

64 MB of vram to redraw a four pane setup sounds a little over ambitious, even on my old G4 I used a 128 MB Radion and as for my G5 it never does this

Johnny
07-12-2005, 03:32 PM

I've posted in the forum, but I'll add here...I don't know yet if this occurs with a specific number of images in that Render palette, or after a specific amount of time running, but if I toggle between this image and that while using DVView, I will get a quit in Layout.

Also get quits sometimes upon hitting Esc after an F9 render, but less frequently than the above problem.

Edit: I can now verify that it happens whether connected DV equipment is on or off, and can happen with as few as 3 images in the palette.

dunno if this is related to unexpected quitting in general, but I also get it when selecting Scene Editor.

J

wilgory
07-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Upgrade to 10.3.9, or better yet 10.4.2. 10.3.9 has Graphics drivers for ATI and NVIDIA cards, which fixes the funky display and opengl errors.

We are also having problems with UV window in modeler, which appears to be a newtek bug. They need to opimize some opengl stuff it appears, layout seems as responsive at times as previous versions of LW. As for Layout crashing on exiting, our does that half of the time we quit, but always save important stuff before switching scenes or loading new objects. Occassionaly LW craps out when we add additional subd objects or try to clone objects with skeleton hiearchies, or models with skeleton weights.

For the waveform on the mac you have to check what type of file you are using along with pressing option or apple option F1 to enable experimental features perhaps.

Greg

Hi fellas, I am new to this so go easy with me...

I am using LW 8.3 on a G4 dual (running OS 10.3.8)

Modeler has an annoying display problem as mentioned in (002)
All of the shaded views (not wireframe) do not display points when I select them.

Although, at work I am using the same software on a G5 and there is no problem.

Is it a G4 versus G5 issue

Johnny
07-21-2005, 07:47 PM

Adding a new light. You see the light active either with rotate handles or move handles, both in the scene and in scene editor and at bottom of layout window.

yet, when you try to rotate or move that newly-created, and selected light, another light is rotated or moved.

Johnny

pantone
07-26-2005, 07:51 AM
So far I have been unable to get the texture guide front/camera projection mode to work.

If I use texture guide with cubic, planar, spherical, etc. modes I can see my texture. When I try and use it with the camera/front mode my object just turns black.

Anyone else have problems with this?

stevemcfierce
07-27-2005, 07:30 AM

If I open the Scene Editor with the shortcut Lightwave sometimes crashes.

If I hit F9 key to render, sometimes Lightwave crashes.

-----
I also have the same problems with upper left viewport blowing out, especially in UV Mode. While i know that the standard g5 video card is not optimal, I don't have this problem with Modo or c4d. Of course, this might be fixed with 8.5's opengl enhancements.

David

g5 dual 2ghz, 1.5 g ram, OS X.4.2

pantone
07-27-2005, 03:39 PM
I've been having trouble with the scene editor updating lights that aren't part of a selection. The pictures bellow show what's going on.

In the first pic I've selected a bunch of lights created with the luxigon tool. They're Omni's. Note that the spotlight the red arrow is pointing too is not part of this selection.

In the second picture you see the results of changing the values of the luxigon lights. Note that the spotlight that was not part of that selection had it's value changed too. This happens with all other lighting values and toggles. (If I toggle "shadows" or "affect specular" off the unselected light gets the same treatment.)

3dworks
07-28-2005, 04:29 AM
that's an old one for mac users: if the opening size of ther image viewer window is bigger than the screen, then there is no way to resize the window. the best fix would be to activate the little green 'fit screen' dot in the window bar for OSX users.

extra request: also, using the middle mouse click for dragging inside the window would be very nice!

markus

pantone
07-28-2005, 12:38 PM
When using the Vector Blur plugin in the "blur" mode I'm seeing strange circular artifacts in renders. Almost as if the clipping plane is kicking in.

In the attached image I have Motion blur in the render setting at the default 50%.

The vector blur plugin is set to 30% at 8x8 on the H and V.

It seems to get rid of the artifact you have to keep the Blur settings (in the plugin) bellow 10% or above 50%.

pantone
07-28-2005, 12:41 PM
When I load a scene into Screamernet it doesn't get listed right away. The only way to see the scene you've just added is to scroll up and then down in the window.

This is especially painful, as you can't see the very first scene you add...which makes you think your Screamernet setup is busted.

See the pix bellow:

dpartridge
08-02-2005, 05:56 PM
the 'Photoshop PSD export/ Surface ID' doesn't give me any relevant infomation. am i doing something wrong or is this a bug.i am not getting a clearly define shade of grey for each surface.

WShawn
08-04-2005, 06:00 PM
Hello:

I'm creating an animation showing the components of the cleaning system of a spa. I want to make different parts of the system glow as they're called out in the VO, so I thought I'd use the Object ID buffer channel of the Image Filter-RPF Export to assign different IDs to the different components (the components are different layers of the model.) In After Effects I would use the 3D Channel-ID Matte Effect to isolate those elements and add the glow over the animation.

I've been using Lightwave since 5.6, and it seems like I'm always fighting the RLA/RPF exporter. I did some tests in LW 8.3 and it looked like the Image Filter-RPF Exporter-ID Matte was working properly, so I rendered the animation. To my dismay, when I selected the ID Matte in After Effects the matte info was screwed up. After some troubleshooting I determined that the Object ID buffer channel info gets corrupted if you enable motion blur on the camera. The RPF works fine if you don't enable motion blur on the camera, and it works fine with the Vector Blur Image filter.

Here's what it looks like:

RPF Artifacts (http://homepage.mac.com/wshawn/RPFArtifacts/LW8-RPF-Artifacts.jpg)

(I can't seem to get the attachment feature to work with a 190KB image; is that too big?)

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I'm on LW 8.3, Mac Dual 2.5Ghz, OS 10.3.5

Thanks.

Shawn Marshall
Marshall Arts Motion Graphics

IgnusFast
08-08-2005, 10:03 PM
G5 dual 2GHz, 1.5GB RAM (otherwise stock hardware)
OS X 10.4.1
Lightwave 8.3
FPrime 1.5

I have a fairly complex scene; not sure how many polys, but about 50MB worth of JPG, PNG, and BMP images. Occasionally when I go to edit a surface texture, clicking to modify the texture makes the it turn gray on both the little rendered sample sphere AND in the OpenGL window.

At first I thought it was just an interface bug, but both the F9 render and FPrime also render those textures as gray. Sometimes just clicking on and off the given texture a few times makes it show the correct texture, but often times I have to clear and reload the scene (if Layout doesn't go ahead and crash when I reload).

Any suggestions?

willog
08-09-2005, 07:51 AM
When are we gonna get a resolve to the 'No points showing in shaded mode'?

I am running lightwave on my Ibook, it handled 7.5 no problem but from 8 upward it has this problem. I tried the 'Chuck suggetion of simple wireframe edges and points but it doesn't help at all.
This problem been here from lightwave 8 and the team are not addressing this it seems. I wonder if it's because there are not many who now run version 8 on a g4 ibook or macmini?

I really feel the frustration experienced by Cresshead, why are we not getting answers to this problem.
For now it looks like I will have to go back to 7.5. Not good at all.

I just wonder if 8.5 will address this, if noe seems we are doomed to working with 7.5.

luka
08-10-2005, 02:24 AM
The top left viewport I use for Map visualization very often will be completely "washed out" by a solid red, white or yellow. Zooming in or out will flicker the viewport back/forth to normal/red status. This may happen anytime, regardless of the model being edited.
http://www.pix-lab.com/modeler-bug.jpg
My gear:
Standard-issue GeForce FX 5200: AGP/64 MB
RAM - 1.5 GB
OSX 10.3.9 - Build 7W98

Please note: this bug has surfaced even in my previous machines, which are old beige Mac G3s, and on my previous LW version which was 6.5

I can reproduced those errors as-well. But I can do it in a nice grey tone
I just can't seem to view any uv mesh! are there any solutions? :grumpy:

G5 x2.5 4GB
OSX.4.2 LW 8.3 build 801

luka
08-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Mac OS 10.3.9 LW 8.3

Hi this bug is still persistent form v8 You start Modeler edit or modify an object save then either quit or close the window, the program crashes? The same with Layout. So whateve you just changed doesn't get saved. This needs to be addressed.

TEMP 006. Can someone confirm this one. When in layout if you choose say a light and go to scale it or stretch it you can't seem to edit the shape using the handles.

I just found this out. I was experiencing the clear scene crash bug in layout, as I was filling out the crash report form I noticed that the layout version was 7.5?

Can some one else confirm this.

G5 x2.0 4GB
OSX.4.2 LW 8.3 build 801

gerry_g
08-12-2005, 02:46 PM
I just found this out. I was experiencing the clear scene crash bug in layout, as I was filling out the crash report form I noticed that the layout version was 7.5?
Can some one else confirm this.

Yeah, that's exactly what it says ( been mentioned before too, in other threads)

Hi this bug is still persistent form v8 You start Modeler edit or modify an object save then either quit or close the window, the program crashes? The same with Layout. So whatever you just changed doesn't get saved. This needs to be addressed.

I get long stretches of no crashes whatsoever, then for no reason repeated crashes......... when it happens I open Layout, then open Modeler (from Layout), open an object, send it to layout, then close everything down (Layout first)..........nine times out of ten this works for me, I think the problem starts to occur when the hub looses track of both sides of the ap.

gerry_g
08-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Don't generally get any of the grey or red screen bugs, occasionally get the missing points bug, but what I do get and have gotten a lot of this week is patches of polygons selecting themselves when I'm selecting some entirely other area. Happens most when I'm zoomed in tight to select something fiddly and when I zoom out a bunch of other stuff got selected too, and no I didn't accidentally select them by mistake or because I'm in wire frame. I mention this out of curiosity as I've never seen mention of it before

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gerry_g/SPONANIOUS.gif

pantone
08-17-2005, 01:02 PM
Can anyone else confirm that Point Clone Plus isn't working in 8.3?

When I try and launch it nothing happens. The modeler interface becomes inactive and that's it. I have to force quit.

modernpixel
08-27-2005, 09:40 PM
003 [number added by moderator]

When I hit F9 the view rendered is not the view shown in camera view. When render finishes and I dismis the preview window the camera view in layout changes to the new view, typically the default camera position. This problem is reproduceable.

system LW 8.3, OSX 10.4.1, 4gb Dual 2.5 ghz G5, nvidia 6800

I get this exact problem as well, insanely frustrating and has made the program unusable.

Lightwave 8.3
Dual 2.0 Ghz G5 - OSX 10.4.2
2.5GB RAM ATI 9600Pro

gerry_g
08-28-2005, 05:52 AM
I get this exact problem as well, insanely frustrating and has made the program unusable.

Oh come on guys, maybe first time you ever used LW yes you might be forgiven, but just how long should it take you to work out that unless autokey (the top of the three buttons bottom centre screen in layout) is turned on (looks white not grey) anything you move will default to zero x,y,z when you render, alternately leave it off and just hit return twice when you're happy with the position of something and want to create a key, but that's the trick every thing has to have a key to hold it in place

pantone
08-28-2005, 01:32 PM
[IGNORE THIS: I screwed up...it works fine.]

When doing a Quickshade render to quicktime (and I'm assuming other formats) the data overlay function will not work. No data is written over the top of the image.

The electronic docs show an example tha uses a full render...BUT...there is no mention that this feature only works in a specific render mode.

hito no tori
09-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Hi, I'm a new user of Lightwave on Mac. I have a problem in the Viewports using the 'Backdrop Tab', Iīm trying to put a images on the backdrop but when I chose the image file, canīt take it. Why?
Please help me. Thanks

Tiger 10.4.2
Lightwave 3D 8.3
G5 2,5, 8 Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT DDL

mwh710
09-03-2005, 07:16 PM
If the graphic is a .jpg, try changing it to .jpeg. If it is a .tif, try .tiff. It shouldn't make any difference, but seems to on some peoples computers.

hito no tori
09-05-2005, 08:59 AM
I explain how i do it.

-The problem:
I installed the SO to Tiger. I updated it to 10.4.2 and finally the LightWave 3D 8.3. I Opened Modeler and I tried to use the Backdrop image but it doesnīt works.

-The solution:
So I tested to Add Plugins and yeah, it's works.

But I donīt know that if this step is necesary when you install the software for first time. It is?

Thank you for your message.
Have a nice day.

tgiadd
09-08-2005, 03:23 AM
Hi

LW:8.3 OS: 10.3.9 G4 Dual 1Gb RAM:1Gb

I am trying to export out a UV map for texturing, but 'export EPS' is not appearing in 'File' drop down. A tutorial by Rob Pauza in the tutorials section of this site mentions the ability to export out UV maps:

"For more complex or organic models where precise placement of textures is critical, Modeler will also export a standard .eps file which can be opened in any resolution using Aura, Photoshop, or any other good paint program. The .eps export command is found in Modeler under <File/Export/Export Encapsulated Postscript>."

I have checked that 'EPSExport.p' is in my plugins folder, and also that I have used the 'add plugin' feature in 'Utilities' to make sure LW knows where it is. The directory listing via 'Edit Plugins' has the following:

Export 3DS Modelling Command Conv3D.p
Export DXF Modelling Command Conv3D.p
Export Encapsulated Postscript Modelling Command EPSExport.p
Export Lightwave 5 Modelling Command Conv3D.p
Export OBJ Modelling Command Conv3D.p
Export3DS Modelling Command Conv3D.p
ExportDXF Modelling Command Conv3D.p
ExportOBJ Modelling Command Conv3D.p

The export options for 3DS, DXF, OBJ and LW5 do appear in the File/Export menu. The name of the file matches the upper/lower case as above.

I thought the export to EPS was meant to have been sorted with the 8.3 release? Any ideas why this is not working?

Annoyed
Tim

:confused:

tgiadd
09-08-2005, 04:18 AM
Hi

I just had a suggestion from user Lardbros on the Mac forum, regarding using 'Edit Menu Layout' to point LW to include the EPSExport.p file - that worked immediately. All the ways I had found regarding the plugin previously tended to be about the plugin not working anymore in the 8.2 version or only referred to the 'Edit plugins' method to make sure it was loaded. Hence I thought it was still a bug.

Really glad of quick response too!

Very Best Regards
Tim
:thumbsup:

gerry_g
09-08-2005, 04:24 AM
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gerry_g/EPS%20EXPORT.jpg

EPS Export can be found under UTILITIES>MORE in the dropdown (see above) as you can see it works just fine, if you want to export just UV's and not all elevations as is the default you have to specifically choose this option, then click on the file path button to set a destination for the file and you're done. Hope this has been of help.

brunosgp71
09-10-2005, 01:36 PM
I just opened a scene from content (Dynamics -> jumpDress) and found wrong display colors for textures. It's look like LW think every texture is "skin".

Jimzip
09-13-2005, 05:32 AM
This is an odd bug, but I notice that Lightwave renders faster when I move the mouse around during the render..
I can get a good few seconds of render time difference on a simple scene just by moving the pointer around after pressing F10. (or F9..)
I usually render with the small preview activated.

Just a window refresh problem I imagine. No biggie, just thought I'd mention it.
Cheers!

Jimzip :D

kxkkxk
09-19-2005, 08:18 AM
We have the same problem when using F9 or F10 on our G5s running 10.4.2 + 8.3 we have 5 copies of LW8.3 - getting really frustrating. What's more annoying is the problem comes and goes

pantone
09-19-2005, 11:44 AM
When I use Tif files for textures I get the following error (see attached image). Even though I get this error...the texture still loads and renders fine.

The real annoyance is that I have to dimsiss this dialog once for every texture I have in my object/scene.

tripfactor
09-22-2005, 09:54 AM
Since upgrading to 8.3 I am having a couple of problems.

First I had the line 244 invalid object on startup, so I removed these files:

WindowConfigLoader.lsc
windowconfigure.ls
WindowConfigure.lsc

Am I missing anything by doing this?

Secondly, the gui font seems to be wrong now. It displays improperly as if it is too wide or something. The following picture illustrates this.

http://www.tripfactor.com/tfimages/glitch.jpg

This makes it really difficult to read and is pretty annoying. Is there a way to fix this? I looked through the forums and did not find an answer. Sorry if I missed it.

Thanks

Bobcat
09-26-2005, 04:19 PM
Trying to open a particular model I get a message saying 'Error reading file "[path]"', and won't open, either in Modeler or Layout. Is there any way around this, to salvage it or is that model doomed?

Version 8.3
g5 1gb ram

Johnny
09-29-2005, 06:35 PM
Sorry I don't have a number..we seem to have gotten off track..

I've been noticing that when I enter values into the Numeric Palette for a given tool, that if I highlight all or part of a number in one field, when I hit enter, the cursor or entry point "jumps" to another field and changes THAT value! Obviously whacks out any adjustments you're trying to make to a shape, and causes much time wastage.

severely annoying.

J

pantone
09-30-2005, 07:31 AM
Confirmed.

I've been having the same issues. It seems like a highlight selection bug.

Here's the repeatable workflow:

1. Open up the numeric panel for any multi-field tool. (Let's say the bend tool.)

2. Drag select a field somewhere down in the middle of the dialog. (You have to actually put your cursor in the field and drag across to highlight the current value.)

3. Before doing anything else look at the top value in the field. Is it a very light blue? If so when you enter a number in the field you think you've selected, it's actually going to show up in the top field.

nikturnal
10-02-2005, 10:04 AM
The LS Script commander is still broken? I find that when the dialog box is open the viewports won't update when you move things until you close the script commander. This makes it difficult to clone things like trees or lightposts in Layout. This works fine in 7.5 and I was hoping they would fix this in 8.3. With every update that comes out, this is the first thing I check to see if its fixed and to my disappointment the problem is still here. Sorry if this has been posted before.

BTW machine specs;
Dual 2ghz G5, ati 9600, OS 10.3.9, 1.5gigs of ram