PDA

View Full Version : Matrox APVe graphics

PeteF
05-25-2005, 07:43 AM
I generally stayed away from Matrox due to poor LW and AE performance. However, Matrox has a new express graphics card, the prehilia APVe. That supports up to three monitors. I do alot of video/post, and need dual monitors and a third output to HDTV to check the results.

Nvidia has a similiar solution, a PNY card with HD monitoring option, but I've read the quality sucks when compared to this matrox card, (the matrox uses all digital and the Nvidia is analogue).

I'm configuring a new workstation, and may consider opting for the matrox over the Nvidia. So, anyone have experience, or know of this card? Is Matrox back in the game, or is it still weak in the 3D support?

Thanks.

Pete

videobear
10-25-2005, 08:07 AM
Pete,

Did you get the Matrox APVe card? I'm considering it as well, since I do mostly video editing, but also some LightWave work.

mattclary
10-25-2005, 11:24 AM
If you are using a mobo with PCI Express, you could get two dual DVI output (nVidia) cards. Any reason that wouldn't work? Matrox really sucks for OpenGL, and come time for [9], you are going to want all the OpenGL horses you can fit under the hood.