PDA

View Full Version : Weld UV's?

Myagi
05-23-2005, 11:13 AM
I was wondering if there is some way (or some plugin) that you can weld UV's in the same way as welding normal points. Just selecting two or more verts in a UV viewport and have it merge all of them into the last selected (preferably making it one shared UV for the polygons involved)?

Dodgy
05-23-2005, 12:43 PM
Are you using 8.3? There's Map>Texture>Pointmaps>Heal UV's and weld UVs

Lynx3d
05-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Aeons ago (when i had LW 6.x) i wrote a LScript that does something like that, however i don't think it handles discontinuous (per-poly) UVs, and actually i have no idea how or if at all you get access to the selection of the UV-viewport via the SDK (let alone LScript), because only since 8.2 (?) you can select and modify per-poly UVs individually...
I attached the old script, but as said you want to take a look at "weld UV" and "heal UV" but they apparently only care about UV points belonging to the same mesh point.

Myagi
05-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Yes I'm using 8.3, but either I'm a complete retard or the heal and weld that are in 8.3 do nothing remotely resembling a normal weld. Weld UV does absolutely nothing for me except selecting other UV's and Heal UV flips out totally and merges points (selected or not) to some random point.

It would seem that a "real" weld (as it works with 3d points) for UV viewports would be a useful and obvious tool, if any of the NewTek people read this :)

Thanks for suggestions and the script, I'll have a look at it.