PDA

View Full Version : LW8 - how do I import endomorphs ?

Alessandro P.
05-22-2005, 08:33 AM
dear Sirs,

I need to import some characters I did with another modeller. I did all the facial morphs too and I can save them as geometry. I need to import them as endomorphs. Is it possible ?

best regards, Alessandro

Gui Lo
05-22-2005, 10:08 AM
You really need the original app to export endomorph data along with the object since LW reads this in automatically as part of the object.

I think a quick and dirty way is to load the morphs as models and then do a "Background to Morph" to get the endomorphs.

Hope this helps.

Gui Lo

Kvaalen
05-22-2005, 10:12 AM
The T4D rigging tools has a tool that will import multiple *.obj files as endomorphs (http://thomas4d.com/html/t4d_rigging_tools_.html). I agree it is a little overkill to get those tools just for that, but I thought it would be worth mentioning in any case. It seems to me there is another one but I can't remember it now.

mgreenway
05-22-2005, 10:16 AM
There is another modeler? :p

Dodgy
05-22-2005, 12:01 PM
http://www.greenbriarstudio.com/3D/

THey do a write morph plugin...

Alessandro P.
05-23-2005, 11:52 AM
Thank you very much. There are a lot of useful plugins there.

I need to import morphs because I got LW competitive upgrade so I had another modeller before and I'd like to port my old characters to LW.

I'll play around with vertex maps to see if I can cut and paste the endomorphs. If not, I'll check the plugins you pointed me to. Thank you very much again for your help.

best regards, Alessandro

t4d
05-23-2005, 10:04 PM
Hi Alessandro P ;)

Seeing all you really want is a OBJ to Endomorphs convertor plugin
i know how you feel with this one

Email me at [email protected]
And I'll give you a copy of the obj->morph my plugin just to help you out :D

Alessandro P.
05-24-2005, 10:47 AM
you're too cool T4D :),

I shouldn't need it anymore though. I found a tool that does the trick already included in LW. It's Bkg to Morph, in the morph panel. It turns the background layer into an endomorph for the foreground layer. I tried it with my characters and it seems to work just fine. Thank you very much indeed anyway !

bye, Alessandro

p.s. I fear that the 8.3 update messed up the plugins location. The manual says I should find the BGConform tool in the Modify->Transform->More toolbar, but it's not there. I found it in the Utilities->Additional toolbar instead.

I did a scan of the plugins after updating to 8.3, as the 8.3 readme advices to do. Anything else seems in place though. May be it's just a mistake in the manual.

Alessandro P.
05-25-2005, 07:01 AM
well,

as for the toolbar issue, it's not an error in the manual. I found many other plugins out of place. It seems for some reason the 8.3 update messed the things up.

I fixed this issue by using the Windows Layout panel to go back to the default settings. Hope this helps anyone who had the same problem with the 8.3 update.

bye, Alessandro