PDA

View Full Version : LW 8.3/Dongle not working over Windows Remote Desktop

mtvedten
05-22-2005, 08:06 AM
After upgrading to 8.3 I can no longer run Ligwave via Windows Remote Desktop.

I get the message that the hardware lock was not found, and LW runs in discovery mode. :(

This used to work OK before.

You may think that running Lightwave via remote desktop might be a useless idea anyway?

Well, the thing is that I have two licenses (and dongles). I often sit at home doing my animation, and when I want to render i upload the scene to my office to use all the PCs there as a render farm over night or at the weekend.
I often need to adjust minor things, like output filepaths before I render etc. I do that by connecting to my office via VPN and Windows Remote Desktop.

Or the oppesite, while I am at work, I connect home and run a render at home while I am at the office.

Before LW 8.3 (and the updated sentiel drivers this worked fine.)

Is there a reason why they have removed this very useful "feature" in the new drivers???

Morten

summit
11-13-2005, 12:48 PM
If you find out the answer I need the solution for 8.5 as well, the same reasons we need to check on the render side on a more powerfull computer from home and make sure its ok but the remote desktop cannot find the dongle.

After upgrading to 8.3 I can no longer run Ligwave via Windows Remote Desktop.

I get the message that the hardware lock was not found, and LW runs in discovery mode. :(

This used to work OK before.

You may think that running Lightwave via remote desktop might be a useless idea anyway?

Well, the thing is that I have two licenses (and dongles). I often sit at home doing my animation, and when I want to render i upload the scene to my office to use all the PCs there as a render farm over night or at the weekend.
I often need to adjust minor things, like output filepaths before I render etc. I do that by connecting to my office via VPN and Windows Remote Desktop.

Or the oppesite, while I am at work, I connect home and run a render at home while I am at the office.

Before LW 8.3 (and the updated sentiel drivers this worked fine.)

Is there a reason why they have removed this very useful "feature" in the new drivers???

Morten

Paul Brunson
04-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Has a solution been found for this problem? I just recently tried the same thing and I can't get it to work. At first I thought it was my sentinel drivers not working but I've installed them correctly and they are working fine.

Surely, there has to be a way to solve this problem.

Julez4001
11-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Only thing that helps me out is that if Lightwave is already running, I am cool but if crashes (and you know it does), then you are a creek without a paddle.