PDA

View Full Version : Dope Sheet vs Spreadsheet

John Melvin
05-20-2005, 03:56 PM
Seems to me that Dope Sheet does not come close to having the functionality of the now defunct spreadsheet. Or, am I just not able to find those functions.

Have not been able to find a tutorial that really explains how and what the dope sheet does. Found one that shows you how to move keyframes but that is no biggy.

Is there a way to select multiple objects and move all their keyframes at once?? Is there a way in dope sheet to change individual values of channels.

Thanks

John

Lewis
05-20-2005, 05:59 PM
Hi !

Short answer would be YES and YES if i understand your question righ :)

What seems to be actuall problem , maybe you have specific issue ?

I can multy select object by CTRL+LMB. Also when you click/open that small "+" on ITEMS or Channels you also can select each keyframe on each channel and move it forward or backward at will. Really simple i really don't see where is problem ?

cheers

John Melvin
05-20-2005, 06:02 PM
Problem is that I do not know how it works. Your reply has helped a bunch. Did not find those answers in the manual.

Thanks

John

John Melvin
05-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Question: In dope sheep can you change the values of the channels like you can in spread sheet by clicking and draggins??

Thanks

John

Lewis
05-20-2005, 06:17 PM
YES you can click and drag frames at will. Also you have popup menu when you select keyframe and hit RMB (cut, paste, erase....) so explore it for a while :). Use all buttons + combinations with CTRL + SHIFT.

For question about manuals right now out of my head i can't say that they explain how to use Dope Sheet but i know that if you hit "F1" in layout you will get HELP . Type in "Dope sheet" in search and you will have pretty good explanation of how to use scene editor and dope sheet :).

good luck

John Melvin
05-20-2005, 10:14 PM
I understand the cut, paste, move, etc. But, can you change channel values for a key frame in dope sheet??

John

riki
05-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Have you tried using the Graph Editor to move Keyframes? I'm not sure if it's the best method. But seems to work for me.

geoff3dnz
05-21-2005, 03:27 AM
I understand the cut, paste, move, etc. But, can you change channel values for a key frame in dope sheet??

JohnNo, and that's not what a dopesheet is for - it is solely for timing. Use the graph editor for changing values on keys.

BeeVee
05-23-2005, 03:42 AM
You don't need to even open dopesheet. You can use DopeTrack to move the keyframes for selected objects, or even just the channels for those objects. It's not suitable for mass changes, but it saves opening another window for making tweaks to channels or keyframes.

B

Dodgy
05-23-2005, 06:20 AM
I do love the dopetrack, just wish all it's commands were applicable to everything you have selected... I have to say it's my fav addition to Layout apart from possibly the IKB/Dynamics.... **** I love em all :)