PDA

View Full Version : using stretch tool in layout?

redgriffin
05-19-2005, 11:32 PM
i want to animate a cube coming out if the side of anoher cube.

but when i go to stretch the cube down the screen, by the time the bottom of the cube reach's the bottom of the screen, the top of the cube is out of the screen.

i've tried to move the pivot point but it does not animate the same.

can anyone suggest anything?

it would be great if i could grap the bottom poly and drag it down like you do in modeler.

Silkrooster
05-20-2005, 12:19 AM
Not quite sure what your trying to make. But instead of stretch in layout, try stretch in modeler, and use an endomorph. Then you can use a slider in layout to stretch your cube. It may give you more control. At this point I am only guessing. Perhaps you could post an image of what your trying to do.
Silk

Surrealist.
05-20-2005, 01:22 AM
it would be great if i could grap the bottom poly and drag it down like you do in modeler.

You can do that in Modeler and create an endomorph

Sequence:

Click on M (morph button) bottom right hand side of modeler, select new from the dropdown arrow and enter name into requester i.e. BottomCube.Stretch as an example.

You have now created a morph but unless you move points you will loose it so...

Select the poly and drag it down.

Save object. This saves the morph within the object file. You can cycle through the drop down between Base (original object) and "YourMorph.name" (youll learn about the convention of using the "." in the name later) to see the morph that is saved in the file. If you make another morph, clicking on New will automatically return you to the base object to make another morph. To edit the morph just select if and make changes and save.

In Layout:

With oibject selected click on Properties. In the Deform panel click on the drop down under Add Displacement and choose Morph Mixer.

Double click on the name in the list for the panel to edit.

Use the sliders to animate your morph with keyframes.

That'll get you started. You can look at the manual for details and advanced features.

redgriffin
05-21-2005, 01:49 AM
thanks Surrealist!

that's what i wanted. it works perfect, ty.

Surrealist.
05-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Cool, simple enough eh? Glad it worked for you.

SCS5
05-22-2005, 04:49 AM
This is a perfect example of why newtek should add more polygon level control in Layout!
Grab poly, move it, keyframe it, done!

Look at the difference between how it works now, and how it could..

This is a link to my previous post on this subject.

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=36771

Surrealist.
05-23-2005, 12:58 AM
This is a perfect example of why newtek should add more polygon level control in Layout!
Grab poly, move it, keyframe it, done!

Look at the difference between how it works now, and how it could..

This is a link to my previous post on this subject.

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=36771

Yea that was an interesting thread, you are right. These kind of things would be much simpler.