PDA

View Full Version : Teardrop, on face ..

05-19-2005, 05:41 PM
Hello,

i am intermediate Lightwave user..(not super advanced)
I need to animate a teardrop on a background plate of some video of a persons face close up.. i need the teardrop to come out of the corner of the eye, travel down the cheek and then fall off the lower face/jaw area... i know i should try doing it with particles(or particle ?) and using hypervoxels.. can anyone point to a tutorial similar to this? Maybe some info on making particles travel across a surface all the while looking like a liquid?/ Any advice, ideas will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
Mike Moncrief

WCameron
05-19-2005, 05:55 PM
quick way would be make a spline in modeler that is the track of the tear.

Over in layout add the Show Curv plugin onto the Deform tab of the spline so you can see it, then add a null. Open its motion options and add the Curv Constraint plugin to it and select the spline.

open the Hypervoxels pannel and activate the null.

the null will follow the curv over however many keyframes you set.

you can shape the Voxel by altering its texture settings.

- Will.

05-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Hello,,

Ok Thanks, that sounds like a good start.. I will take a shot at it tommorow..
Looks like one good technique.. Will be looking at any otheres posted..

Thanks,
Mike Moncrief

SplineGod
05-19-2005, 09:34 PM
Theres several ways to do this. You can create the spline you need for a motion path in modeler or just do it in layout since you can also tweak the motion path to match the face in layout or modeler. The null that is attached to the motion path can be designated to be an emitter. Adjust the birthrate and deathrate so that the emitter leaves a small trail of particles as it moves. Apply HVs to the emitter and use a gradient to make the size falloff with particle age.
You can also use the create a spline in modeler and make that a particle emitter in layout. Set the nozzle to point mode. What this will do is generate a particle based on the point order in the spline. Again set the death rate so it appears to leave a trail. Set HVs on it as described earlier with the same gradient.
You can go to the kurv site where I have a tutorial showing how to make growing vines using this method which can easily be adapted to this. :)

Now that I think about it I think that video is also on the 3rd party content CD that shipped with LW 8

05-20-2005, 11:27 AM
Hello,

Thanks Larry for taking the time to respond !!

Mike Moncrief

SplineGod
05-20-2005, 12:14 PM
No problem Mike,
Ill be interested in seeing what you come up with. :)