PDA

View Full Version : Screamer-net Mac and PC together?

fronzel
04-25-2003, 07:50 AM
I was just wondering if anyone knew wheater or not it was possible to run screamer net on PC's and Mac's at the same time. And have them all controlled by the host mac. I haven't tried yet. Has anyone ever done this? I don't think it's possible. I just set up screamer net for a few macs. Now I have four processers insted of one. It's four times faster! yet the processer greed has set in. I could have 8 insted of 4! I want more power el cap-e-tain.

violenza
04-25-2003, 11:53 AM
I am as eager as you to see if anyone out there has had any luck with this....

We tried this in our office - but with 3 Dual 800 SGI's running windows. All the production team is Mac based and our experiences are at best sketchy.

Our best experiences are achieved when we use one of the processors on the SGI's to host - editing and setting up our Mac based files from there. It works alright, but i have personally had some bad experiences with rotoscoped movies as textures, and JPG images.

Sorry I can't be more help right now, but I will let you know if we have any success. Good Luck!

wapangy
04-25-2003, 12:24 PM
its not possible by itself, but if you use ScreamerNet Contoller for OS X, then it work really well (but it costs money)

pixym
04-25-2003, 01:47 PM
This is the link

http://www.catalystproductions.cc/screamernet/

fronzel
04-29-2003, 02:09 PM
props to pixym

thanks for the post. It's exactly what I needed. Well worth the dough even if I don't use the PC's.

I highly recommend this to any mac lightwave user.

so far it seems alot more solid than the old network rendering panel. And now the host can jump in. or render in the background while I work. Sweet!