PDA

View Full Version : 3d prymaid + dynamic collision help

Seti Orion
05-19-2005, 03:40 PM
In the what new in ightwave 8 with Dan Ablan, I did a tutorial where i made a brick wall and then applied a dynamic object collsion blowing up the brick wall.
It was fun and looked cool.

I'm working on making a 3d prymaid. I want to do a scene were i blow up the prymaid like the brick wall, but i can't use the array tool to make the bricks in the prymaid like i did in the previous brick wall tutorial.

I made a box in modeler then i used the bevel tool to drag out the 3d prymaid shape. I need to add bricks to the prymaid, so when i collide a objects it will shatters into a bunch of little pieces.

any tips

i know read the manuel = I am

pretty please

Hoopti
05-19-2005, 08:44 PM
Knife tool as a possibility?

SplineGod
05-19-2005, 09:25 PM
Create a pyramide of just points. Make sure you know the spacing between the points. Create a brick that fits in that point spacing and use point clone plus to clone a bring at each point.

Seti Orion
05-19-2005, 11:11 PM
Is there any other easier way?

could you explain a little better please that doesnt make the most sense to
me sorry.

SplineGod
05-19-2005, 11:59 PM
Theres two ways that are pretty easy. Make a stack of polys like Ive shown here.
Make a block and and then use point clone plus to stack the blocks everywhere there is a point. You could also hit ctrl + u to unweld the polys from each other and then extrude them up at the same time. The idea is to create a stack of blocks that are not connected to each other.

Seti Orion
05-20-2005, 01:52 PM
cool thank you very much for the tips that seems to be what i was looking for.

ps

I also want to make a smooth prymaid the outside having no edges but yet
still all made of bricks.

Say i made a prymaid by drawing a perfectly square box then using the bevel tool to make a 3d prymaid. It there any way to cut the prymaid into a bunch of sections
so i can make a collision blow it up into a bunch of small pieces.

i want to make 2 types of prymaids one like the kind you showed and the other
with a smooth outside no blocks.