View Full Version : Country home

squeegie
05-19-2005, 02:02 PM
welcome any comments

rendered in 2003 using 7.5b
final comp in Photoshop

adrian
05-20-2005, 02:05 AM
Looks very nice except for one thing that stands out - the obvious repeating texture on the roof.

Other than that, great!

Adrian.

Matth
05-20-2005, 02:26 AM
I like the composition but would have to agree with Adrian about the roof. You might want to try creating a roof texture that is really large nad has many tiles and colour them randomly in the paint app. That way you would get less repeating effects. Or you could generate a repeating texture with the tiles the same colour.

I bet a touch of RDi would really snap this into shape as well especially in the porch area where the shadows could do with it. Nice work though.

Matt :)

squeegie
05-20-2005, 08:43 AM
I had a real tough time with the roof and it shows. It was my first attempt at doing an architectural rendering. I look back at it now and can see kinds of things I would have done differently. Amazing what a diffence a few years can make. Thanks for the input!

-squeegie

Caligo
05-20-2005, 07:56 PM
One thing that looks a little off is that you shouldn't be able to see inside the house that clearly during the day. On a clear, sunny day it's a lot brighter outside than it is inside. So from outside the house, the windows should appear more reflective than translucent. It's the opposite of trying to look out the window at night. Unless you turn out all the lights in the house, windows are basically mirrors.

Other than that, and what the others mentioned, great render. I like the leaves out of focus in the top left corner. Nice touch.