PDA

View Full Version : 10.4.1 + LW8.3 = Render Buffer Woes

Jeff
05-19-2005, 03:39 AM
Hi all,

I have had a quick mooch about on the forum with no luck (with the first one), so here goes...

We have two G5's running 10.4.0 and 10.4.1 - both are now running LW8.3 (and another running 10.3.9 and LW8.2)

Two workflow problems have come to light so far:

Render Buffer Export issues in 8.3. If a scene is set up, materials set to render out an alpha and the render buffers applied, often they will just result in a solid black image (ie, the material alpha will not have been rendered). Some render, some don't - haven't nailed why yet...

It's a process we've been using in the studio for a while, and it works fine in 8.2

Curves import issues. We import DXF files from AutoCAD as guides for various models. Often these are kept in the model file for reference. It appears that opening files created in 8.2 or previous will not always open - tracked down to the curves in the DXF layers (which has been mentioned elsewhere). DXF's imported directly into 8.3 don't appear to suffer the same problem, but obviously this is an issue when trying to open old models for updates! At the moment, we have to open the problem object in 8.2 and delete the curves, resave and then open in 8.3(!).

Any ideas on the Render Buffer Export problem though?

Jeff

JML
05-19-2005, 07:08 AM
I think it's when they worked on the PSD exporter , they made it better but
it seems like it messed up some other tools that were using alpha..

as an example (on pc), the soft reflection plugin works but when you check "scale by buffer" it still blurs all the reflection in the picture. that used to work before 8.3.
I use this plugin a lot to have fast blur reflection ONLY on some object in the scene. because of that problem, I can't upgrade to 8.3
I really hope they will fix that..