PDA

View Full Version : Spreadsheet crashes LW 8.3??

John Melvin
05-18-2005, 03:17 PM
I loaded the plugin and then added it to the menu but clicking on it crashes LW layout.

Then another question. I try to add plugins but they do not show up in the Additonal group although it says they were all added. Where will they be?? Do I have to manually place them in the additional group??

Thanks

John

coremi
05-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Spreadsheet is included in the NEW scene editor, called Dope Sheet, about the plugins, are u sure they are not deformers or shaders, motion plugins etc..., they have special places to be like object properties, motion options, surface editor etc..

evenflcw
05-19-2005, 06:26 AM
Yes, the bad news is that the Spread Sheet has been phased out (it is no longer supported in the sdk for example), the good news is that most of it's functionality has been replaced by the Property Sheet (Dope Sheet is something else). However the old sheet had some VERY needed features which the new one still doesn't have, such as multi-renaming! It's UI was also sligtly more flexible. So it's sad that it broke already.

It is my experience that if you add new plugins in Modeler they should appear under the first group-entry called Additional. So if you happen to have more than one group with that name, be sure to check them all. In Layout, it does not seem like new plugins will be automatically placed under any Additional group so you will have to add them manually. This would only concern generic plugins though, because as Coremi states most other types of plugins (master plugins, motion modifiers, shaders etc) have designated places.