PDA

View Full Version : n00b needs help!

Locke
05-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Ok i am just finishing my first project for a school competition. I had to teach myself the whole program so i am not completely familiar with everything. Ok here's the problem i am trying to save my simple animation as a quick time file but everytime i render the animation as a quick time file it automatically changes my fps from 10 to 30. I have tried several times changing the number under render options and i have no idea what else to change. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all
Locke

Red_Oddity
05-18-2005, 04:45 PM
don't render out as quicktime...

Just render a TGA/TIF/IFF sequence and import those in Quicktime Pro or Premiere or whatnot and render it to a quicktime.mov file from there...

It would be a shame to keep re-rendering scenes because your .mov or .avi file settings are borked...

fgreen
05-19-2005, 07:36 AM
In the animations options panel (Click OPTIONS under the animation type pull-down menu) you should be able to select the fps. Is this not working?

fgreen
05-19-2005, 07:54 AM
Uhhh OK. I just re-read your post and realized you already tried to change the fps-- I'll go back to sleep now. But first...

Quicktime is the file format, or the order of the data on the disk. The data can be encoded or compressed using any number of codecs (compression, decompression routines), depending on what is installed on your machine. Thus quicktime could contain video data in any number of formats (i.e. Sorenson, Mpeg, DivX, etc). The catch is that different codecs have different limitations regarding frame rates, resolution and bit depth. Lightwave may be modifying settings so they will work, based on the limitations of the codec.

Try to change the codec, the top pull-down field (animation in the pic above) to something else, keeping in mind that your resolution (from the camera properties panel) and bit depth, as well as your frame rate, has to be permissable by the one you choose.