PDA

View Full Version : Edit Menu Layout Troubles

hunter
05-17-2005, 10:20 AM
As per another thread:
I installed 8.3 after clearing my configs (I backed them up thank goodness) And saving my custom menu and key configs. I scanned the plugin directory and Lscripts, and had everything at defualt. Well A LOT of tools simply weren't there as buttons anymore. Look at the create menu in the attached pic. Hmm... Oh well no biggie. I saved my menu configs right? No. When I load the configs in the edit menu layout dialogue, nothing changes. When I open it in wordpad it has all the info but somehow it just isn't loading up. Sooooo, I put my old configs back and my custom menus returned, but I am still wondering why I can't load any menu configs directly. Is it just me doing something stupid or are others experiencing this?
Thanks for your time,
A

gjjackson
05-17-2005, 01:42 PM
The menu structure has changed. You should be able to load your previous menus. You will have to add the new tool manually then. You also may have to shut down LW and the hub to be sure the changes have been written. It should be their when you reload it.

hunter
05-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Thanks for replying but no go. I try to load my menus and they just don't load. And when you say the menu structure has changed do you mean from 8.2 to 8.3. I only had this problem with the newest updated 8.3 sooo. I'm not sure whats going on.

Does anyone use the default 8.3 menu and could you post a pic of your create tab menu to compare with my default 8.3. I think it should look more like this than the one above right?

gjjackson
05-17-2005, 08:11 PM
I Was talking about changes from before 8.0. My default menu is the same as Post #3. I don't have the logo is the only difference. It may depend on where your config files are. If using -c option that would change all that. I do suspect it's something simple though.

monfoodoo
05-20-2005, 10:26 AM
i had the same problem.missing tools.in "configure menues" i changed the preset to 7.0 style then back to default and they all came back. scott

hunter
05-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Yeah I tried that too. I can get the defaults back but still cannot load custom configs. It works as expected onthe same machine in 7.5d and 8.2 but not in 8.3. :confused:
Has anybody else successfully loaded their custom menus?

gjjackson
05-21-2005, 09:50 AM
This is odd. Maybe clearing all the plugins and reloading. Or just re-installing from scratch? Not easy to diagnose when we don't know how everything is set up.

monfoodoo
05-21-2005, 10:19 AM
your right,i couldn't do that either.had redo all my settings. scott

hunter
05-21-2005, 07:02 PM
AHA! So I'm not insane. Well not in this particular area anyway. :D Thanks for the reply's all. I'm still investigating...