PDA

View Full Version : Dropping Reflectin Maps

devin
05-17-2005, 10:49 AM
Hi,

I'd hoped to use Screamernet over 4 cpu's to render out a scene but noticed after rendering that it has dropped my spherical reflection map from all the objects. I've checked the settings and image editor. The image is loaded normally and it appears under the environment tab correctly. The image is a simple grayscale image in the jpg format.

I'd appreciate any insight. Got a deadline looming!

Devin

kevman3d
05-20-2005, 06:05 PM
Sounds like the image could be externally linked in your scene for SN.

Have you tried using Content Manager in Layout? You can use it to see if the path to the images are external or not, as well as consolidate the files back into the same directory.

Another way to discover if the path is the issue is to simply rename the content directory (I often just add an _ or XXX to the start) and then load the scene and see if it complains about files it can't find - Of course, if you are in the content directory in Layout, all files should be relative... This way any external paths get caught out if they've somehow been loaded externally (ie. when you forgot to set the correct content directory at the start of a project).

Good luck.

Kev.

mike_stening
06-01-2005, 05:57 AM
had a similar problem with the background image(s) dropping out of all frames and the hero object dropping out on the occasional frame. now the really odd thing is that i had rendered the whole animation across 4 dual processor machines (8 nodes) the week previous and had no problems after i changed the background animation file to an image sequence. the scene uses hypervoxels and they are the only hting the renders consitantly. the really odd thing is that the image sequence is stored localy in a directory set up purely for screamernet to look at and renders fine on the host machine, the nodes on the other hand now dont see it where as a week before they did.
i havent changed any paths or the cmdline files in the node folders since the previous render the only thing to have changed was the addition of a few more hypervoxels to the scene and a change of motion paths to some objects (tweeking as you would expect).
fortunately the animation could be rendered out on the host machine as we had a 3 day break and it took approx 72 hours to do the 900 frames.
any suggestions as to what could be causing the problem?
oh and the animation was saved to the host as an image sequence.

cheers in advance