PDA

View Full Version : Collect textures??

bryantay
05-17-2005, 09:15 AM
Is there any way to "collect" all the texture used in modeller into a new directoctory? Similer to Collect for output in Quark or other similar page layout programs.

bryantay
05-19-2005, 03:54 PM
is this just not posible?

I have a project with hundreds of textures some are new on some are old and not being used anymore. I like an easy way to seperate the not used textures from the used textures.

thanks

spec24
05-19-2005, 04:54 PM
that would be a nice feature wouldn't it. And one that I believe has been requested for years. I thought someone had made a plugin that did this but I was unable to find it when I went searching the other day.

pdrake
05-19-2005, 05:22 PM
that would be a nice feature wouldn't it. And one that I believe has been requested for years. I thought someone had made a plugin that did this but I was unable to find it when I went searching the other day.

the content manager can do this. i can't remember exactly where it's at, but i'm sure it's in the manual.

spec24
05-19-2005, 05:59 PM
the content manager can do this. i can't remember exactly where it's at, but i'm sure it's in the manual.

I'll be ****ed - sure enough there it is. Does it work? bryantay it's under your file drop down menu. Give it a try and let us know how it worked. Sorry - never knew it was there.
Though there is no documentation that I could find in the manual - just one mention about it on page 126 about how it will be talked about later but nothing more.

bryantay
05-19-2005, 07:22 PM
...this is a function of Layout and my project does only uses Modeler as my models are exported to a realtime interactive rendering engine.

I'll try opening my object in Layout and report back how it worked out.

Thanks!

Silkrooster
05-19-2005, 10:33 PM
Hi guys,
To create a new content directory, create a new folder, then in this folder create 3 more subfolders, named scene, object and images. In layout or modeler point the content directory to the new parent folder of the 3 sub folders.
BTW,
This is important when creating a new folder for your hard drive, a backup cd, or an upload to the net. In the later case, just zip the parent with subfolders to upload.
Now when someone else needs to access, your object files, or textures, lightwave will know where to find the data.
Hope this helps.
Silk