PDA

View Full Version : please help/ no video but audio good

frankknee
04-24-2003, 10:45 PM
What could i be doing wrong? I can't punch up the video to sustain realtime playing through sysytem from a source deck (Panasonic DVC Pro). I see a first few jumping frames captured on Toastervision or monitor , but then it freezes to a frame, Audio comes through just fine, but Video dead.

I've spent hours on this, connectors and patches are good, cables must be good because same freeze prob happens when I change to S connector. I think either my T-Board needs repair for the video or maybe even my PC CHIPS Motherboard is incompatable?????

Any suggestions out there?? Something I'm missing in preferences??? What is it please??? Save my butt!

Francis

ted
04-25-2003, 12:00 AM
First off, is this something new?

Have you had success getting Video before?

Are you trying to go out of or into the Switcher, or the Editor?

Have you tried to feed another source to it?

Have you fed the video out of the Deck directly to a monitor, using the same output jack?

If you load something into a DDR, does that play back?

Have you configured the input to match the source?

There are many things to consider. But very often, it's something simple.
I wish you well!

weaponsInspecto
04-25-2003, 01:07 AM
If we are suspecting a computer system problem, you will need to post your system configuration specs. Please list make and model of motherboard, how much ram, type of controller and all the other usual stuff. Be as specific as you can. The more you give us, the quicker we can get you up and running.

frankknee
04-25-2003, 07:01 AM
Thanks for your help...

I got a PC-CHIPS motherboard 930LR P4 Socket 478 512 cache 400 FSBus...I've been building a Barebones system to upgrade to 2.4 Gigahtz speed, with two 512 gig DDR sticks. All that works well through the Windows 2000 Professional

I am using an Adaptec 2 channel controller, model
39160, with two 10K lll drives which run at 160 MPS thoughput. They show up fine in the DISK MANAGEMENT. I am using a Geforce 4 MX460 64MB Dual Head Video Board off an AGP Slot. I have an SDI board but either if it's in or out doesn't affect this video prob.

I loaded up straight from the Toaster 2 software. I did not run Toaster 1 first and then upgrade. I ran an auto configure of course.

Yes I have tested with both exterior/live monitor going in the grey BNC from Toaster's Video Out. Yes I am now using the S-connector (Red Green wires) for Toaster's Video In.
Same video frames moving at 30 fps missing PROBLEM as when Video In used the grey cable so it's probably not the cable.

I sure would appreciate your further assistance oh fellow producers. I've got four projects to get out there!

Francis C. P. Knize

weaponsInspecto
04-25-2003, 09:03 AM
Like Ted said, is this a new problem? What I mean is, has your system ever worked in the past or is this the initial start-up?

This is kind of important to how we attack the problem. Post up as soon as you can so we can continue.

weaponsInspecto
04-25-2003, 09:17 AM
and can you please restate the problem a little more? I am wondering if you are trying to capture to the HD. It's not completly clear to me if you are experiencing the problem just trying to watch the video or if its in the capture process.

frankknee
04-25-2003, 12:43 PM
I' m trying to Capture from a source deck, the feed does not show on the live monitor and show on Tvision. I hear the sound. It starts by showing a few frames and then freezes...locks on one frame of the source. It's not a patching problem. The T card and other cards are being brought over from the old system. It worked in the old system, but now I have this prob in the new.

Francis

vip3dran
04-25-2003, 12:44 PM
Another thing is to check and make sure you are capturing from "Main In".

weaponsInspecto
04-25-2003, 01:02 PM
So you had a T 1 and you're migrating from that old system to this new box that has all the stuff you listed earlier, right? Just curious, who is your dealer? I think the best way to help you get going is to have you give me a call. Use my toll free number 877-581-4953. I'll be in for the next 2-3 hours. Give a call and lets see if we can't work this to a favorable outcome today.

frankknee
04-26-2003, 08:33 AM
I put the toaster board, controller, and sound board back into the old computer I had AND NOW THE VIDEO PASSES JUST FINE from a source. Everything is now OK.??????????????????

Conclusion! The PC CHIPS Mtoherboard from of the new computer is INCOMPATABLE with the Toaster....

What do you out there think??????????

I wasted a week on this so far...

Could it be something in the GeForce board that has to be set??

The Video board is the only one I didn't bring back over for this latest test.

Please let Andrew Cross or Paul Lara comment!

This is an interesting toubleshooting case all right...

Francis

Paul Lara
04-26-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by frankknee
Conclusion! The PC CHIPS Mtoherboard from of the new computer is INCOMPATABLE with the Toaster....
What do you out there think??????????

Francis,
I've never ever heard of a 'PC CHIPS'-based motherboard.
What chipset is it using? 845? E7205?

weaponsInspecto
04-28-2003, 07:24 AM
Yes Frank,I agree that it might be the mobo. I would still check and see if that board is the Frame Factory one. Hope things get cleared up this week.

Blaine Holm
05-06-2003, 07:15 AM
This motherboard uses the SIS645 chipset, and is probably not the best choice for a VT system. Stick with an Intel chipset, I would recommend an e7205 based board, like the ASUS P4G8X.

I have a board like this (from Shuttle) in my system at home, and I've got a VT card in it. It works, but I would never sell a system like this (in fact, it's at home because it failed our tests for an RTX100 board).

frankknee
05-06-2003, 01:21 PM
Actually, this board runs an intel P4 chip. But folks, I have to say I forgot to load in the upgades on the Win2000 service packs. This may be the problem. I won't know until my next project. But there is a P4 in there.............

Francis

Blaine Holm
05-06-2003, 01:39 PM
Ity may be a P4, but it is an SIS chipset.

Stick with an Intel Chipset