PDA

View Full Version : PS3 - holy crap

Lude
05-17-2005, 03:31 AM
I just watched some preview footage form up coming PS3 games - and I gota say they are definitely what I would call NEXT GEN.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/index.html

Red_Oddity
05-17-2005, 05:22 AM
too bad the only 'real' realtime footage was from the Unreal3 engine...all the other footage was prerendered tech demo...or a dev kit, which would be cool...still very impressive stuff running there...

Correct me on this though...

Lamont
05-17-2005, 01:22 PM
Ride the pig!!!!!!!

All I know is that this is going to be another bu$y year for me... Nintendo with two devices in a year and a half, Sony, and MS.

I need to see the games running off the hardware. Games running on dev-kits is fine.

Gui Lo
05-19-2005, 08:25 AM
The games will look and behave superb. Even the Zombie effect of CG characters seems to have been all but eliminated.

But will the new games be fun?

Nintendo is third place in terms of raw power but I think they may have a secret weapon in the Revelutions controller as it has not been shown yet.

Also the Revelution seems a lot cheaper to produce so as Sony and MS launch with prices of $400-$500 Nintendo may launch at $200.

Also the Playstations UI has not been shown yet so maybe there will be more news there.

Gui Lo

Lamont
05-20-2005, 01:26 AM
One thing about Nintendo is that they ALWAYS understate the power of their consoles and products.

Captain Obvious
05-20-2005, 08:13 AM
One thing about Nintendo is that they ALWAYS understate the power of their consoles and products.
This is true. Just look at some screenshots from the next Zelda game! Did anybody honestly believe that the GC was capable of dynamic lighting and shadows when they first read the specs? ;)