PDA

View Full Version : Save all objects reminder in Layout

c0deb0y
05-16-2005, 04:02 PM
I know it's been said (by me) before in other types of posts, but I don't see it here or fixed yet, but it would be nice if when you go to quit Layout that rather than just asking if you are sure you want to quit, that it asks if you want to save all objects as well. Or another option is to be able to just turn this on in the options panel that with every scene save it also saves all objects associated with the scene.
I won't mention (out of embarrasment) how many hours of texture manipulation I wasted in LW because I forgot to do the secondary step of "Saving all objects" and just saved the scene itself.
I would imagine that every newcomer to LW from another 3D app that isn't divided into 2 separate pieces has run into this same problem until they trained themselves to manually do it themselves.

mabaza
05-26-2005, 07:14 AM
I second that. It's a complete workflow no brainer to couple object saving with scene saves. This can't be that hard to implement.

Lamont
05-26-2005, 07:27 PM
Good one :)

MooseDog
05-27-2005, 07:49 AM
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/archive/index.php/t-23263.html

dan ablan originated an lscript that combines both functions into one workflow click. i use it every friggen' day :D

Lamont
05-27-2005, 09:08 AM
I use that one. But it's only if you actually hit "save". I think he is looking for if you close layout, it will only ask to save the scene.

wacom
05-27-2005, 10:10 AM
I don't have this script, but I swear LW 8.3 has asked me SOMETIMES if I want to save the scene and all objects before I quit. It's kind of been freaking me out since it isn't consistant. Has anyone else experienced this?

mabaza
06-08-2005, 04:29 AM
I just downloaded and installed the save plugin from here (http://www.thomas4d.com/html/free_3d_tools.html) but I don't see a new button for it being added to the menu. Help!

toma
06-09-2005, 06:13 AM
I don't have this script, but I swear LW 8.3 has asked me SOMETIMES if I want to save the scene and all objects before I quit. It's kind of been freaking me out since it isn't consistant. Has anyone else experienced this?

same for me, LW ask if I want to save all objects… sometimes… I mean, it doesn't look very predictable !

something I don't like about this "smart" saving, is the "ALL" object ! I would prefer LW to save only the modified ones…

thomas.