PDA

View Full Version : Stop with the updates!!! ;)

Dave Allen
05-15-2005, 02:33 AM
long story short...what should I do with my time?

there are only so many hours in the day and I feel like I am falling behind the technological curve with all the updates in software and hardware. I feel like I am loosing my mind. And this is not solely with lightwave, but adobe products, macromedia, and every other software. I can't focus on all of these!!! My job is in the graphic arts field but keeping up with all of this can be a daunting process. I mean I have a family and home to keep up. Life would seem just so much more simpler if I just focused on 3D and photoshop but then.... all of the other programs are so inter-twined in what is possible with 3D, you can't afford to let them go.

It seems like when I finally get a good grasp on something, it updates. lol
I mean are we ever going to say "this is the final release, it is now perfect".

I guess it just takes time. I have been working with lightwave for 10 years now. I felt I had my best hand on it around 6.0 - 7.0. Lately, work has taken me into other areas of art. I need to master the new modeling tools in 8.

I am entering my mid thirties and wonder if I will be using lightwave in my 50's. Man, I will should be pretty good by then. Who knows...maybe Fprime will do lens flares by then. :rolleyes:

-Dave Allen

colkai
05-15-2005, 04:34 AM
Hehe, only ya mid-thirties? I'm in my mid-forties and frankly, having a blast!

I love the fact that Newtek are releasing these updates and have hopes that by 8.XX (whatever the "final" LW8 version is), we will have some cool new features to lift LW back up where it belongs.

You never stop learning and things never stop moving. :)
I don't try to keep hold of the train, I just run along side at my own pace. ;)

riki
05-15-2005, 04:59 AM
Yeah I hit the big 4 ooooh on friday :) Very scary, and getting hitched for the first time in a few weeks.

colkai
05-15-2005, 05:38 AM
Congrats,
Been chained, oops sorry, married ;) 23 years myself.
I think I've had more fun since turning 40 than I did in all my thirties!

riki
05-15-2005, 06:19 AM
haha thanks colkai, yeah I think it should be good actually, well it's off to a great start. Getting married in Japan, in about 4 weeks then off to Singapore, should be good.