PDA

View Full Version : I saw a gamepad...

aversive
05-14-2005, 01:53 AM
Some time this week I borrowed a gamepad off someone, because it just looked so 'modelable'. Felt like doing it real quick, just as a little distraction from another model I'm doing. That one I'll be posting up if it get's interesting.

This thing took 7 hours to render though. That's because of the surface the gamepad's standing on. Reflection is ****. And anti-aliasing was set to Low Enhanced. Then there's the gamepad itself. Rendering such material is a *****. :mad:

Anyway, here the image.

pauland
05-14-2005, 03:17 AM
The render is very dark - difficullt to see unless taken to a paint program to increase the brightness.

aversive
05-14-2005, 05:01 AM
Thanks for that. Here is a brighter version.

Psycho Zo
05-14-2005, 08:22 AM
Is that a PS control? (I'm not down with all the control types in the world so excuse me if it's not. :P)

If it is for the Playstation then I'd separate the direction contol into 4 separate arrow things and add the top L and R buttons and the pause and start and analog switch buttons, oooh and analog light... even if it's not a PS controller it still seems to be missing some buttons to pause the game and switch between analog and that.

Also I'd make the twiddly control stick things more blobby at the top, yours are a bit flat and they're normally more round topped like understated mushrooms.

Hope my crits help!

aversive
05-14-2005, 11:47 AM
hehe- Thanks for the crits. I appreciate it, but I wasn't really planning on doing anything else with this one. Just wanted to model this, because I needed something to distract me from the 'main' thing I'm working on at the moment.

The gamepad was actually from "Logitech". hehe- It has a USB cabel with it, to plug in your computer.

Psycho Zo
05-14-2005, 06:53 PM
Logitech... as if I could guess that....
Usb-tastic.

TMK123
05-17-2005, 12:13 AM
Doesnt it need a start button :confused:

jhopfenblatt
05-17-2005, 12:23 AM
^If it's Logitech, I'd assume it's a controller for computer games, so a start button isn't really necessary since you can use the keyboard to pause games and stuff. :D

aversive
05-17-2005, 12:31 AM
Yeah, that's right. You could set the game to pause through your keyboard and other things. Although here's a render I did after someone suggested me to try and do it another way, the 'specularity' in the gamepad's cast-