PDA

View Full Version : Purging Unused Image Maps?

nickej
05-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Is there a simple, in-program way to eliminate unused image maps from the texture stack?
I ask because I'm in the process of tweaking textures, and I'll often have things like "HeadTexture1", "HeadTexture2", etc. in the scene. Most frustratingly, sometimes LW will insist on rendering a previous texture, even though I've told it I'm using a newer one. I became painfully aware of this when I changed from a map with a grid to one without, and even after quitting LW and restarting, my texture map still had the grid. Yes, I'm aware that LW stores textures with objects, but I never saved the object/texture so I assume it must be something funky with the hub.

Using 7.5d. 2GB RAM

Silkrooster
05-13-2005, 08:45 PM
Surface names will only be removed if no object has an association with that name, and both modeler and layout are closed. If one or the other is open it is possible for the name to stay, because they both share the surface editor.
Image maps can be remove from a scene by opening the image editor and select the image, then the remove button.
Texture maps can be removed in modeler by opening the vertex maps panel, select the texture map and right click then select delete.
Silk

nickej
05-13-2005, 09:00 PM
AHA~ Thank you! It was the Image Editor thing I was needing. At 48MB an image, even with 2 GB RAM the system got a little clunky. I'd looked in the Image Editor, but hadn't seen how to remove images at first....
Thank you, thank you, thank you.....

Silkrooster
05-13-2005, 10:36 PM
any time, my friend, any time. Thats what were here for.
Silk