PDA

View Full Version : 8.3 Bug--This is just nuts!

Tim Parsons
05-13-2005, 12:11 PM
I had this happen yesterday and thought it was just one of those things. But when it happened again today I decided to document it and get some screen grabs. Here what’s going on. I loaded a previously saved scene and loaded an additional object. The object came in highlighted and ready for manipulation. When I went to move the newly loaded and selected object a point appeared and it would move instead of the selected object. Also the naming got messed up in the Scene Editor and Object pop-up. I double checked my object to make sure there was not an extra layer in it that I was not aware of and there wasn’t. I then proceeded to Clear the “selected” – or at least what was highlighted on screen – and a different object was cleared from the scene and the “selected” object moved to where that erroneous point had been moved to. This is crazy. I am able to repeat this many times with different objects and different scenes. Anyone else running into this problem?

The first screen grab shows Layout immediately after loading the object and attempting to move it into place.

The second screen grab shows what happened when I went to “Clear” the highlighted object.

Any insights into this would be appreciated.
Tim

hunter
05-13-2005, 01:51 PM
This has been happening to me too. Even with simple objests. It seems like nobody actually tries to complete a project with the software during beta testing.

wacom
05-13-2005, 04:12 PM
You should post this in one of the larger threads (like the one started by JML) so that it doesn't get lost- this ones really bad.

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=36691&page=4

Signal to Noise
05-14-2005, 09:32 AM
And make sure you email Technical Support at [email protected] ([email protected])

Forums are fine and all but by emailing or phoning NT it solidifies the need for a fix or at leasdt the problem to be looked at seriously.

Ensure you provide detailed info on how to reproduce the problem.

Panikos
05-14-2005, 09:43 AM
Its dissapointing to see that LW8.* steps are

- fixing a lot of bugs
- adding minor features
- creating new bugs

Its like waving a soup of bugs, seeing them going round and round ... and round
Comparing these steps with LW5.*, LW6.*,LW7.*
its easy to conclude that we are in a very risky and unstable situation :mad: :confused:

GregMalick
05-14-2005, 04:41 PM
When I had my problem - phoned NT support.
Took a while but he was helpful.

Basically clearing out my cfg files and rescanning the entire LW directory (for plugins) fixed my crashes.

But the best suggestion is to call NT.