PDA

View Full Version : 8.3 modeler icon

Lightbringer
05-13-2005, 09:40 AM
i just installed 8.3 and noticed that the modeler icon had changed. it looked like the layout icon but with a white background. i thought, "that's kinda nice looking.". then, after working for a while, it changed back to the old blue-on-black modeler icon.
did i imagine it? is my OS whacked? should i have a gold-on-white icon for modeler? i'd just like to know if something is screwy with my installation, or if i'm just seeing things.

do i get the "most trivial question in the support forum award"?

Lewis
05-14-2005, 09:49 AM
Hi !

I'm on PC so it might be different but on my LW 8.0 ---- > 8.3 Icons are same looking. 7.5 were different but 8.x all same. Only ICON what was diferent for me was Installer 8.3.exe which is greenish :)?

WCameron
05-15-2005, 12:36 AM
i beleive its related to the windows issue where sometimes the tooltips would be associated with the wrong icons your hovering over. probably nothing to worry about. as long as everything works fine (well as well as anything in windows works anyways).

you should keep an eye out for screen refreshes that noticibly make your monitor click (like you changed resolutions to then back quickly), icons leaving brown garbage behind as you move them across the screen, and slightly deteriorating and blury fonts though - those are indications your graphic cards either getting too hot or about to die - or both.
But thats just a general thing you should do anyway :-)

- Will.