PDA

View Full Version : Screamer net problem, missed objects

mike_stening
05-13-2005, 02:38 AM
Hi
sent my first animation to a network render(screamernet, and i am now screaming), all seemed to be going fine (after the 2 hours of pulling my hair out to stop the nodes crashing) so i left it for the night. just checked the image files and every 3rd and fourth frame or so (and thats not strict either) the object files and movie background are missing.
now does the background need to be an image sequence? or is it ok to be a quicktime movie, which it currently is.
the host machine (G5 dual 2.5, 2.5gb ram )did not run any LWSN nodes, LWSN nodes were only run from the slave machines, all G5's, dual 2's or 2.5's all running OS X 10.3.9 across a OS X network conecting back to the host. The scene/object/image files where all stored on the host in the programs folder, multithreading set to 1thread, all files sent back to the host to save and seem to have saved correctly as there are no actual dropped frames just the missing objects in the render along with the movie in the background, the ground plane from the object files has stayed its just the main object that has dissappeared. :confused: :mad: all hypervoxels and alpha channels rendered correctly.
please help as on tight deadline now.

cheers

mike_stening
05-13-2005, 06:15 AM
ok sorted it now, the background file was causing the problem because it was a quicktime movie, replaced this with the equivolent image sequence and all is fine, hypervoxels are really stable in screamer now it seems as they didnt suffer the drop out caused by the back drop.
just dont use any quicktime in your scenes or output to quicktime in screamer and its fine.
also a comment about bruce rayne's Commander Node Checker, brilliant, automatically fixed the small error in my cmdline file that i couldn't see, saved loads of time. get it :D

BeeVee
05-13-2005, 07:21 AM
It was you I spoke to Mike? Glad you got it sorted! :D

B

mike_stening
05-13-2005, 08:05 AM
hehe, yeah should have mentioned tech support :o sorry, never had a problem delt with that quickly before, spot on, and you were right, didnt like the quicktime.
still got the rest to render out over the weekend, but should be fine.