Jake
04-24-2003, 03:40 PM
Hi,

I haven't posted anything here in a long time, so I hope this works:

http://fretlessmm.com/jason/images/GreenEyedMonster.jpg

Angel
04-24-2003, 03:47 PM
Hi there,

I see an X, but copying the shorcut does work...

its quite nice, but there´re some things that spoil it...

U went really nuts on the eyelashes, ugh? i suposse its done on purpose, but they are way too thick, hair on the back part looks strange, like with no aa...also the color of iris could be kinda softer from the outside...

anyway, i like the subtle expresion an lightning...

cheers!

_____
angel

Jake
04-24-2003, 06:59 PM
Angel--

Thanks for the reply. I did go for a kind of tacky, globby look to the eyelashes. In your response, I'm not sure whether you think they are unrealistic or just unappealing. It is part of the aesthetic I wanted.

The hair was pretty much the best I could do with saslite. I did have the anti-aliasing on (in saslite) as high as it would go.

I did some touch-up in photoshop and just extended the hair past the collar:

Angel
04-25-2003, 02:33 AM
well, eyelashes doenst seem unappealling but i believe could look more interesting if made a little more to the realistic side...for instance, u could make the tips of it much thinner than the base...i think that will work...

Anyway, just my humble opinion...

cheers!

_____
angel

badgerboy
04-25-2003, 02:56 AM
I don't know if you were going for it, but he sure looks like a young David Bowie

Jake
04-26-2003, 07:41 PM
Here's an update:

groodwanderer
04-27-2003, 09:14 PM
that last post is much better. The eyelashes really improved. the bump map on the hat seems a little too much might want to decrease the bump size a bit.