PDA

View Full Version : why is HUB showing these?

monfoodoo
05-12-2005, 09:53 PM
when i right clicked on the hub,it showed"luanch"
LWModeler
LWLayout
LWModeler8.3
LWLayout8.3

is there somthing out of place here?and how do i fix it? scott

Silkrooster
05-12-2005, 11:10 PM
The 8.3 upgrade did not replace the hub config file. So when you ran modeler and layout hub added those to the list in its config file.
Look for LWHUB8.CFG and delete the lines with a text editor. It should be possible to delete the config file and let hub rebuild it. However I am not positive on this, so if you do try and delete, make a make up first, just in case.
Silk

gjjackson
05-13-2005, 06:10 AM
From Newtek:

Whenever you get a new build of LightWave, it's always a good idea to clear down your configs and start again, as follows:

1. Make sure that LightWave is not running, including the Hub;
2. Delete your config or Preferences files (named LW8.CFG, LWM8.CFG, LWEXT8.CFG and LWHUB8.CFG on the PC). Normally on the PC they are stored in your Documents and Settings directory. On the Mac they are stored in the user:libraryreferences folder;
3. Start Layout;
4. Hit Alt F11, then Scan Directory and point it to your 8.3 plugins directory, click OK, then Done;
5. Hit Alt F10, change the Preset menu to 7.5, then back to Default, click Done;
6. Hit Alt F9, change the Preset menu to 7.5, then back to Default, click Done;
7. Quit Layout;
8. Start Modeler and repeat steps 5 and 6 (but with 7.0 instead of 7.5).

This way you can be sure of having the correct default menus including the Text Layers tool in the Create > Text group.

spec24
05-13-2005, 06:51 AM
From Newtek:

Whenever you get a new build of LightWave, it's always a good idea to clear down your configs and start again, as follows:

2. Delete your config or Preferences files (named LW8.CFG, LWM8.CFG, LWEXT8.CFG and LWHUB8.CFG on the PC). Normally on the PC they are stored in your Documents and Settings directory. On the Mac they are stored in the user:libraryreferences folder;
3. Start Layout;
4. Hit Alt F11, then Scan Directory and point it to your 8.3 plugins directory, click OK, then Done;
5. Hit Alt F10, change the Preset menu to 7.5, then back to Default, click Done;
7. Quit Layout;

This way you can be sure of having the correct default menus including the Text Layers tool in the Create > Text group.

does this not delete custom menus???? I appreciate the free upgrade but can NT keep their customers from jumping through hoops? This wasn't an issue with 8.2 or 8.2.1 so why now?

BeeVee
05-13-2005, 07:29 AM
Yes it does delete custom configs. We aren't making you jump through more hoops than with any other update, merely that you should follow this procedure *every* time you do an upgrade in my opinion. Yes it deletes custom configs, but I would say that the majority use the standard menus and shortcuts. You can save your custom menus and shortcuts before you follow this procedure and add them back in afterwards if you so desire, but unfortunately there's not, at the moment, a way to mix the two so you only add the new stuff into your old menus.

B

Hoopti
05-13-2005, 11:21 PM
From Newtek:

3. Start Layout;
7. Quit Layout;

Actually, all you need to do is edit the LWHUB8.CFG file and remove the lines with the two offending programs. That way you keep all your custome menus.

That's what I did and it works great.

Hoop

Silkrooster
05-13-2005, 11:59 PM
Yep I had to do the same as hoop. Since we are kind of on the subject of menus. Is it normal to see duplicate plug ins placed in the additional menu? I'm speaking of only those that came with LW.
Silk

monfoodoo
05-14-2005, 12:40 AM
i did as your directions and it worked.it may have caused the crashing i was getting when i closed the program. thanks.scott