PDA

View Full Version : LW 8.3 Edit Menu Layout issue

Chrusion
05-12-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm in Modeler's Edit Menu Layout, and freak me out... I CAN'T MOVE MENU ITEMS by drag and drop. I can ADD them from left side into right side, but CANNOT move ANYTHING in the right side up or down by even one space!!!!

I exited LW, deleted configs, and tried again. NO GO! What's the deal? Is this BROKEN in any of your installations? HOW do I FIX it?

When I drag a 'button', say the Size or Stretch or Move items under my Transform menu group, I get the blue line that indents as you move it up/down, right/left, but when releasing the mouse button in the spot you want that item to go, NOTHING happens. I've tried it with the DEFAULT menu and my own config created and saved in 8.2.1, indented and not indented... they don't move! But WAIT! I just tried again and got just ONE of the existing items to move, but only IT moves. Nothing else. Seems that only one or two within a group can actually move and it's totally RANDOM which one it will be. But, most definately, any new item that I ADD cannot be moved around in the group or out of the group into another, etc.

HELP!!!

Ztreem
05-12-2005, 03:15 PM
I have no solution, seems to be broken. Doesn't work for me either.

umstitch
05-12-2005, 03:23 PM
I can confirm the menu issue , it seems you can rearrange by deleting the entries from all the menus including the mouse menu, then readding them where you want , however some commands seem stuck, try moving undo/redo from the edit menu (i personally like them on the bottom menu buttons. but cant be done by dragging). bummer but otherwise lw8.3 seems ok to me :eek:

retinajoy
05-12-2005, 03:29 PM
It works!

ONLY IF YOU double-click the item you want to move, click 'cancel' on the rename dialogue box that appears and then drag as normal. You have to do this on any one you wish to move.

In case you don't know, there is a fix for delete layer here that was also broken:

http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/downloads/misc/deletelayer.lsc

mav3rick
05-12-2005, 03:30 PM
same here frustration yesterday

Ztreem
05-12-2005, 03:54 PM
ONLY IF YOU double-click the item you want to move, click 'cancel' on the rename dialogue box that appears and then drag as normal.

Nice tip! thanks!
BTW, It seems you have to click 'Ok' in the rename dialog, not 'Cancel' to get it to work. :cool:

riki
05-12-2005, 06:27 PM
The double-click thing doesn't seem to be working here for me. I can now only re-order tab menus by Dragging tabs in the Viewport with the CTRL key down.

Karmacop
05-12-2005, 09:06 PM
:eek: When did that add that feature riki!?

EDIT: far out, you can ctrl-drag tabs in 7.5 ... I'm looking stupid now ...

riki
05-12-2005, 09:13 PM
haha yeah it's been around for awhile. Kind of easy to miss though :)

mav3rick
05-13-2005, 02:04 AM
lw users = the masters of workrounds!
or
when u can't beat the bug join em.:)

:) rename cheat wrk:)

Fausto
05-13-2005, 08:04 AM
geez I thought it was just me.. I have a real dislike for the whole menu edit system, why can't we just enter into an edit mode and drag and drop items within the interface itself. Doesn't it just seem archaic?