PDA

View Full Version : Can you use a graphic you bring in as overlay

tiff1967
05-12-2005, 11:50 AM
If i make a graphic scoreboard can I bring that in as a Overlay. This may answer my other question

:eek:

UnCommonGrafx
05-12-2005, 11:54 AM
It's a dsk thing...

Faraz
05-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Where would you make it? You could make a photoshop template and then use that template within the TriCaster Overlay Module.

tiff1967
05-13-2005, 11:54 PM
We would like to make a scorebox graphic like this link
http://www.scorebox.tv/ScreenPage.htm for baseball on the bottom of the page. But we would need to change the score like the one thats for basketball already a lower third. When you create the graphic and copy it to the folder how do you add it to the overlay list in Live Switching

Faraz
05-15-2005, 06:53 PM
You need to create an Overlay Template through Photoshop and then write some simple TScript to make it all work. I think Paul has or will post some instructions on how to do this. If you are intrested in someone else making the graphic for you, shoto me an email.

3DBob
05-16-2005, 03:37 AM
Just riffing - but here is my idea.

Set up a Powerpoint slide on a dual monitor laptop with the scoreboard template as generated in photoshop set over a suitable key colour.

Use Powerpoints ability to interactively edit a presentation that is being displayed on a second monitor.

Use network in for the second monitor and in TC key this artwork over the live footage. - Yourself or a second operator could tweak the scores and keep it all up to date.

Of course - I don't have a TC as I'm in a PAL country - but it's just an idea. I do have a toaster4 though and when the new update comes out I can at least try it.

3DBob

tiff1967
05-16-2005, 06:31 AM
I wish i knew more about this. I am not sure how to make the template but I could muttle though it. But the question is how to make the other 2 files that the live switcher needs. i think its a toastmaster script and a tga file. Running two machines would be ok but more people needed. I would be interested in how you create those other files.

We used our Tricaster this weekend and it worked great for a 2 day concert.

Thanks for all the feedback and help

Tarheel Cougar
05-26-2005, 06:50 PM
I also wish there was some sort of CG built in to make this easier. Does anyone know if you can you import CG pages from a VT4?

Another option I have tried for lower 3rds and other keyable graphics is to create a full screen graphic that is transparent except for the bottom third or score box in the corner, and then lined it up with one of the "Create your own" templates that has text on every line, and deleted the text on the lines I didn't need. For example, on a score page I would create the background, team names and logos in Photoshop, and then just change the score number and period on the Tricaster. The big problem here is you have to line your image up exactly with the font already in place, which is not ideal. But this is a quick and not as messy way to insert editable graphics without any scripting. I'm very new to the system, so this is the first solution I came up with.

Cineman
05-27-2005, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE=Tarheel Cougar]Does anyone know if you can you import CG pages from a VT4?

Yes. I do it constantly. Whole folders of CG pages, for song lyrics. Only way I can avoid the unacceptable, amateurish look of the included templates, short of building new templates.

Just clone the Full Page insert and use a VT[4] CG Page, either .tga or .png for each.

Nes Gurley

Tarheel Cougar
06-01-2005, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=Tarheel Cougar]Does anyone know if you can you import CG pages from a VT4?

Yes. I do it constantly. Whole folders of CG pages, for song lyrics. Only way I can avoid the unacceptable, amateurish look of the included templates, short of building new templates.

Just clone the Full Page insert and use a VT[4] CG Page, either .tga or .png for each.

Nes Gurley

Thanks for the tip! Wonder if I could make an editable template in the VT4 that I can import and edit the text directly on the Tricaster? That would save the step of going to the VT4 and saving an image every time I needed a new graphic, though hopefully the upcoming template tutorial will help here.

Paul Lara
06-02-2005, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE=Cineman]
Wonder if I could make an editable template in the VT4 that I can import and edit the text directly on the Tricaster?

Yes, Indeed! once you have your graphic in the right folder, with the right script attributes (coming up in a handy Tutorial)

hopefully the upcoming template tutorial will help here.

That's the plan! :D