PDA

View Full Version : Character rig trouble

byronpetch
05-12-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi All,

Although ive been animating for some years now I seem to have a bit of a blind spot when it comes to character rigging and animation. I can just never get it to work.

At the moment im going through Philip Meyers rigging tutorial. When I last left off I had reached a point where the main bone set up was complete and he was just testing the deformations and joints by rotating various bones (Character_DivX_01.avi about 22mins30sec in for anyone who has the tutorial). My setup also seemed to work well at this stage, as I rotated the spine bones so the character bent forwards and from side to side etc.

That was last week. This week I opened the scene and the character has become hideously distorted, adopted a position perpendicular to its bones and is looking rather like one of those iron age man specimens they find preserved in a glacier somewhere.

If anyone has any ideas how im going wrong it will be much appreciated. Im sure once the penny drops all will be clear.

Thanks

Matt P

Dodgy
05-12-2005, 10:15 AM
Did you reset bone rotation of the bones?
I would try Resting the bones again, that should fix the problem.

byronpetch
05-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Yes thank you,

that did fix the problem. Does resting the bones just make them active. if so why was the model twisted so?

Matt