PDA

View Full Version : Relative Particle Age Broken?

GSullivan
05-11-2005, 10:50 PM
Ok, Relative Particle Age is something I've been dreaming of. so imagine my despair when it appears to not be working. I'm assuming that 0 = 0% if the age, and 1 = 100%. So far its not working even a little. Am I missing something? Anyone else having this problem?

-Greg

mrunion
05-12-2005, 06:47 AM
Can you post a Scene or be slightly more descriptive than "it's not working"?

gaetan
05-12-2005, 06:55 AM
Be sure than you have the right configs for lw8.3!

gaetan
05-12-2005, 06:56 AM
But with LWSN the relative particle age doesnt'n works! :mad:

GregSullivanJr
05-12-2005, 10:03 AM
Sorry, I guess I was pretty vague. What I want is particles that change color depending on where on their life they are. No matter how long they live they should all be the same color when they die. What happens NOW is that the particles are all the same color through out their life span. Specifically they are the color at the top of the gradient.

This feature, if I can get it to work, would be a wicked life saver. Bummer to hear it doesn't work on screamernet either. :(

GregSullivanJr
05-12-2005, 10:40 AM
After updating my configs I thought I had it, but I was wrong. Relative particle age doesn't seem to work in VIPER, in Renders, in OGL or anywhere else for that matter. I've tried it in many different channels, sive, dissolve, color, etc. These are hypervoxel particles I'm using. No good. Am I the only one having this problem? Someone please help!