PDA

View Full Version : Tiger/8.3 and network content directories

TheMartian
05-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Ok, this one is driving me nuts

did the deed and updated to 8.3, and now I cannot load anything other than backdrops from any content directory other than those on the local HDD

the error message is less than helpful

"Error reading file"

checked the local machine logs, plus had a poke around on the server, finding nothing striking

the same machine with 8.2.1 has no problems reading from and writing to network shares

I am running 8.3 under OSX10.4, with all content safely (a long boring story!) on the server which is a Linux box running samba. The network infrastructure is switched gigabit FDX

Forgot to add, the tiger installation was a completely clean install, not an upgrade

the real strange thing is, that I can load backdrops from the network, but not save presets to anything other than the local disk

creating a new object and trying to save that to the network gives the same error

also tried different network shares, permissions, a different server, and yes another mac all with no effect

being fairly new to LW, am I missing something or is this another LW/Tiger problem :confused:

riki
05-11-2005, 06:56 PM
sorry just scanning through your post really quickly, did you repair disk permissions after the upgrade?

TheMartian
05-11-2005, 11:03 PM
sorry just scanning through your post really quickly, did you repair disk permissions after the upgrade?

was not an upgrade, I did a clean install

although did not think of the disk permissions thing, will give it a go anyway

thanks