PDA

View Full Version : trying to follow the walk cycle repeat advice, BUT

illusory
05-11-2005, 12:30 AM
Is there a way to select only the channels which have animation (change) on them -- in order to make them 'repeat' in post behavior? Can this be filtered in the graph editor? If so, how? Or transferred from the dopesheet (where it can be seen at least) to the graph editor?

Trying to get a walk cycle to repeat, I tried selecting everything on the character and choosing 'repeat', because it was so hard to find everything I'd animated in the basic (in place) cycle. However the feet were slipping a lot in the second cycle. I moved the master null exactly the same distance the second cycle as i did the first -- the first looked good, and the second slipped a lot.

So, I don't know why this is happening, and i don't expect anyone to figure it out for me, but I figure if i could at least know that i was only repeating animated channels maybe the troubleshooting would be more possible. Trying to track down a zillion channels is making my eyes bleed....

thanks for any pointers,
NJ

Silkrooster
05-11-2005, 01:00 AM
I see what your trying to do, I will experiment more with this, but for now, you can place all objects into the bin in the graph editor, then use your down arrow and go through the list and when you find a channel that does not have any motion, use shift-d, that will remove that channel from the bin, once your done, you can save this as a set. Then the next time you can just load that set.
Now once you have your set select the top channel hold down on the shift key and select the bottom channel. You can now set the post behavior of all the channels to once.
Hope this helps.
Silk

stib
05-11-2005, 03:53 AM
in graph editor choose More>Graph Editor Options (or type "o") and tick "filter static envelopes". This stops any non-animating channels being loaded into the graph editor. (but it won't clear ones that are already there)

illusory
05-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Thanks, what a huge time-saver!

NJ