PDA

View Full Version : DeepPaint or BodyPaint

spec24
05-10-2005, 07:47 AM
What's the community's views on these two products? Which do you guys think is the better piece of software? Thanks!

gjjackson
05-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Since I only have BodyPaint I can only speak of it. I think it's pretty simple to use. The newest version can paint in 3D mode and not have to use the flattened UV's, which is a benefit.

mav3rick
05-10-2005, 12:09 PM
croteam uses body. they'r pipeline is lw

WizCraker
05-10-2005, 01:20 PM
I don't have either but I have used Deep Paint. I would suggest Body Paint, Maxon is on top of the game for this market and are series about it.

And the most important thing that I like is that even though they have their own 3D program Body Paint is not just for that C4D but all the major players. Also looks like they are the ones that wrote the plugins so there should be more confidence in that it will work with Lightwave.

cornbreadandham
05-10-2005, 01:20 PM
I think Right Hemisphere (makers of Deep Paint) have focused away from developing Deep Paint in favor of CAD visualisation tools. However they have stated in their forums that the technology they are developing could be applied to future updates of DP...but who knows when that will be.

CB_3D
05-10-2005, 01:39 PM
You may want to take a look at ZBrush,too. It has full 3D painting,automatic distortion free UV generation,organic sculpting and modelling and more.

Fascinating program.

guardonduty
05-10-2005, 01:52 PM
buy BodyPanit first. IF you have some extra cash then buy Zbrushs next release. Should be out after the summer. You might be able to find some sample videos of the next release. It was so amazing the host server crashed due to traffic.
http://206.145.80.239/zbc/forumdisplay.php?f=2

spec24
05-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Anybody out there use Deep Paint and like it? The reason I'm leaning towards Deep Paint is that I can get the student version right now and it's like $200 cheaper than the Bodypaint academic. Thanks for all the responses!

... I think you guys are right. I think maybe I'll opt for Bodypaint.