PDA

View Full Version : 8.3 hub problem

robinson
05-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Hi,

having problems with the Hub and Lightwave 8.3, see attached image !!!

I guess I just messed up my configs (system), I installed and uninstalled Lightwave already several times, the strange thing is even when I just install Lightwave 8.0, there is the Lightwave 8.3 Layouter in the hub.

If anybody is having any Idea, please let me know...

http://www.robinson-steinke.de/temp/lw8.3.jpg

btw: i cleard my configs already several times too...

ACLOBO
05-09-2005, 07:51 PM
it doesn't seem to hurt any, so I wouldn't worry about it. This is the same with my install.

-Adrian

mrunion
05-10-2005, 08:00 AM
FWIW, clearing my configs fixed the problem. I know you said you've already done that, but I was just throwing in my experiences.

robinson
05-10-2005, 08:49 AM
FWIW, clearing my configs fixed the problem. I know you said you've already done that, but I was just throwing in my experiences.

yap, i cleared my configs with regcleaner, workes here too :)

Silkrooster
05-10-2005, 11:41 PM
You have me confused, what you mean regcleaner? The hub settings are not in the registry, in fact there is very little about lightwave in the registry. Mostly lscript stuff and some window size data.
The hub data is stored in a config file. The file name is LWHUB8.CFG
This is a text file you can open this in notepad or any other word processor capable of saving straight text.
Just delete the lines pointing to the other instances of modeler and layout.
What they mean by clearing the cfg files, is just delete the cfg files for modeler, layout, hub, and extentions. When you start lightwave, they will be rebuilt, some of them like the extentions you need to tell it to rebuild the extentions list.
Normally these files are stored just above your documents folder. You can get to that point by opening windows explorer or my computer. Then select the hard drive LW is stored on, then select the folder Documents and settings, then select your windows logon folder. You should now see the config files including some that go to your plug ins. The only ones you need to worry about is, lw8.cfg, lwext8.cfg, lwhub8.cfg, lwm8.cfg and lwmasters8.cfg.
Out of these, lw8, lwext and lwm8 are the most important to be cleared. The only reason why I left out the other two, is that there is very little data, in them and can usually be corrected with a text editor.

General warning: Make sure you back up, before deleting or editing. Just covering my behind. :p
Silk

robinson
05-11-2005, 12:00 AM
I know the config files pretty well, and did all the things you described, but believe me the problem was in my registry !!!

Since Lightwave 8.0 there are a more things hidden in your registry. ;)

You have me confused, what you mean regcleaner? The hub settings are not in the registry, in fact there is very little about lightwave in the registry. Mostly lscript stuff and some window size data.
The hub data is stored in a config file. The file name is LWHUB8.CFG
This is a text file you can open this in notepad or any other word processor capable of saving straight text.
Just delete the lines pointing to the other instances of modeler and layout.
What they mean by clearing the cfg files, is just delete the cfg files for modeler, layout, hub, and extentions. When you start lightwave, they will be rebuilt, some of them like the extentions you need to tell it to rebuild the extentions list.
Normally these files are stored just above your documents folder. You can get to that point by opening windows explorer or my computer. Then select the hard drive LW is stored on, then select the folder Documents and settings, then select your windows logon folder. You should now see the config files including some that go to your plug ins. The only ones you need to worry about is, lw8.cfg, lwext8.cfg, lwhub8.cfg, lwm8.cfg and lwmasters8.cfg.
Out of these, lw8, lwext and lwm8 are the most important to be cleared. The only reason why I left out the other two, is that there is very little data, in them and can usually be corrected with a text editor.

General warning: Make sure you back up, before deleting or editing. Just covering my behind. :p
Silk

ned
05-11-2005, 05:07 AM
The only Lightwave things in my registry are how LW starts up when you click on associated lwo and lws files. These relate to how Windows and the explorer react to LW and its files on startup.

There is no LW configuration data in the registry.