PDA

View Full Version : Aproved NVIDIA drivers please?

mav3rick
05-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Does any1 ( specially newtek dev. team ) can answer me what drivers should i run on my win xp sp1 /6800GT 256mb/2gb ram/ athlon xp 64 3500+ ?
probelms i run constantly in my lw is:
freezing of lw while rendering and pressing abort
weird GRID loose while moving perspective
i tryed to change near clip distance but nothin changes.

thanks in advance

here is grid image problem screenshot:
www.null.hr/tmp/problem.jpg

Lottmedia
05-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Using the current drivers now (came out a few weeks ago), no probs. Do you have anything else running? I found that a toolbar program that I thougt was pretty benign was doing something with OGL that was causing a prob. The nvidia drivers seem to be pretty solid on all my systems running LW. I would check other avenues, I don't think I would rush to blame the graphic driver unless it was an ATI board.

J-Rod

mrunion
05-09-2005, 04:23 PM
I have the same card and the same problem wit the Grid -- nothing fixed it. I'd probably have to roll back to 69.xxxx drivers to fix the problem, because it didn't seem to have problems with that version. I'll probably just live with it though.

FWIW, I have a 6800 GT, 256MB and I'm using driver version 76.44.

mav3rick
05-09-2005, 04:25 PM
i dont know where to check since when i render with fprime all is stable and all is workin fine.
only lw abort render not work and grid problems
i use latest drivers as well and so far no probs with other apps .
about background programs i am running
i got antivirus, M$ anti spyware and usual mirc/IE/ sometime winamp..
but nothin that uses OPENGL .....

StevenDS
05-09-2005, 05:53 PM
I am using a BFG 6800 Ultra OC. Latest drivers. LW 8.2.1
I get the partially disappearing grid thing too. In Layout.
Usually, not too much is gone, but, of course would rather it not happen.
Oh well.
-S

Edit: hitting abort for me is a gamble also.
Save often. Save always.

Edit Edit: just saw the notice about 8.3. Let's try it out.

mav3rick
05-10-2005, 01:42 AM
8.3 didnt change any of this probs:(

mav3rick
05-10-2005, 02:22 AM
mkay i switched back to 66.93... tryed abort render works.... i tryed few times reload scene and few time fire up close lw and no freez on abort... so i think at least 66.93 fixed or make my abort working..... about grid it is still there but i dont care for now as long i can work since grid prob is visiable only in single wiev not in quad wiev and only in some angles

WizCraker
05-10-2005, 05:10 AM
Also to note the 6800 is having some issues everywhere either it be with DX9 or openGL. Nvidia has acknowledged the problem and are working on resolving the issues.

Some of the problems include dropped frame rate and possible freezing and or stutterness in the output. This is more noticeable in Games like Everquest 2 than in applications.

NVidia is working with SOE to resolve this issue.

mav3rick
05-10-2005, 06:50 AM
nice to know some else can do major screw up :))

mrunion
05-10-2005, 07:36 AM
FWIW, the Grid-line problem ONLY occurs in Layout -- for me at least. If I rotate the view around, all the gridlines will appear. If I rotate "below" the grid, all the lines are fine. It's almost as if there is an invisible object setting in the lower left of the viewport, and rotating the view around gets it out of the way.

I can live with that though. It's the only thing buggered. I don't get the "abort rendering crashes" and other stuff. I just get the viewport weirdness.