PDA

View Full Version : Hard Body + Bones Need Help!! Please!

Lorigosolo
05-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Hi All!

I need some help with hard body Dynamics!

I have a Rigged Skeleton Warrior, it has some animations and now i want to use Hard body Dynamics to make the final animation, where the bones of the Skeleton Waririor should fall from their positions, hiting the floor and rest there.

The problem is that when i apply the HardFX to the model and press calculate, the skeleton model goes back to the "T" posititon and start calculating the collision using that pose, the bones of the rig looses their "power" over the Skeleton model but the rig still moves following the animation that i set before applying the HardFX.

So i tried to "bake" the bones animation usind the MDScan and apply the HardFX, but it dindīt work, the Skeleton model went back to the "T" Position and calculate everything using that pose, and i donīt want that :(

Iīm a newbie using Dynamics so i probably missed something!

By the way, is there a way to make a pose in Layout and then export the model pose to Modeler? In other words, can i change in layout the "T" position of my skeleton warrior and then apply the new pose to the mesh and export it to modeler, then when i open this file in modeler i will have the Skeleton warrior model but instead of being in the "T" pose it will be at the pose that i set in Layout?? :confused: :confused:

Thanks in advance!! ;)

Dodgy
05-09-2005, 10:51 AM
You want to use File>Save>SaveTransformed to save the deformed object out into a separate file, then switch that new object in, hide the old object and apply the dynamics to the transformed object.

You can also use save transformed for the exporting of the new pose too.

Lorigosolo
05-09-2005, 04:55 PM
I knew that there was a "tool" to save the deformed object, but i missed the "Save Tran Object" option :o

That did the trick!! Now i can make the Skeleton Warrior death!! :D

Thanks a lot Dodgy!!
:cool: