PDA

View Full Version : 13line

bearfoot
05-09-2005, 08:15 AM
first attempt for at Serious 3d "art" ...

using Lightwave , photoshop, After effetcs..

thanks for feedback...
n

http://www.bearfootfilms.com/13line/13line.jpg

Lukesutherland
05-10-2005, 06:40 AM
well I am a little surprised there are NO comments...

not that I have a lot to say myself.

Compositionally you could try to position the character a little differently, centered imagery looks a little uninteresting.

Do you have a particular concept you are trying to get across?

Perhaps post some detail images i.e. close-ups of the model etc perhaps a wireframe or two / somebackground on your thinking etc..

somnambulance
05-12-2005, 11:40 PM
i think you did a great job with the model and the background. As a finished piece of work though, I think she needs more expression. Great work, can we see more?

bearfoot
05-13-2005, 12:53 AM
hey thanks for the reply i thought this thread was dead..

here is an image of the model itself..

http://www.bearfootfilms.com/13line/13linemodel2.jpg

http://www.bearfootfilms.com/big_images/13linetexture.jpg

cheers

cool snowbaord site also

veljko
05-13-2005, 01:40 PM
great modeling and original concept!
i like it!:)
she could use a bellybutton:)

Psycho Zo
05-14-2005, 08:36 AM
That is so great! Kinda reminds me of McKean style mixed media comics!
The bottom renders of the character itself were good, but really you see tons of spin arounds of objects by proud Lightwave creators, I like that you took one step further with the actual first art piece in question. I love the character's form that long and skeletal figure.. you see that kinda cyber punk thing in a lot of 2D concept art.. not really translated into 3D so often. You pulled it off without a hitch.

The one teeny thing that stands out to me is the part around her legs, I think it's a Photoshop glow filter or you just didn't delete directly around her or something. It makes her look cut out (well she is.. but that's not the point ;)). From her head to the top of the elbows if the glow is there.. it doesn't show, but further down it just looks like you lost patience trying to make it fit. So I'd definately lose the yellow outline there.

Otherwise... it is AWESOME!!!
Kudos.

tnyplz
05-14-2005, 12:16 PM
I like the image a lot. I think the background of the first image goes well with the overall feeling of the character.

david_B
05-17-2005, 01:00 AM
Those robot shoes have high heels. really nice design. You should give them a fur trim or something. Hang a few dead rabbits off the back.

If I was going to crit anything, it would be the eyewear. They don't really gel with the character, and I've always thought those kind of goggles would be really restricting and uncomfortable. Of course, if that's what she wears, it's what she wears. Plus she's not real so I guess she's not too worried about how tight her goggles are.

starbase1
05-17-2005, 01:39 AM
Nice design, nice use of colour.

But the figure looks stuck onto the background to my eyes. I think you need to do something extra to place her in the setting. Maybe use the background image as a reflection map on those metal robo-boots?

Nick