PDA

View Full Version : Show Network in while recording cams - seems possible??

davechalmers
05-09-2005, 04:37 AM
Hi again.

I read this in a review of the tricaster:
here
http://www.creativecow.net/show.php?page=/articles/wilson_robert/TriCaster/index.html

Finally, TriCaster allows you to bypass the switcher and send the crisp and clean output of the computer directly to the projector while continuing to switch and stream the production without disturbing the projection output. (This is one of those things you have to see to understand and believe - it's an amazing function)

And this seems confirmed by the screenshot here:
http://www.churchmedia.net/page.php?p=0504_4
(about halfway down - in the switching section)

So... just to check, is it indeed the case that you can choose to send the Network IN directly to the VGA output (i.e. the projector) while still switching cams to the video out and presumably the streaming out and recording too?

VERY VERY COOL!

(This is the video equivalent to my previous question about audio routing, by the way)

The next obvious question is.... while doing this, can you cut back to the Network IN graphics so they show on the video out too?

Philip, it might help us all here, if you were able to stick the Tricaster user manual PDF up on the website somewhere.
....I assume there IS a user manual, or is it REALLY that easy to use??

:-)

THanks

Dave

Paul Lara
05-09-2005, 11:25 AM
So... just to check, is it indeed the case that you can choose to send the Network IN directly to the VGA output (i.e. the projector) while still switching cams to the video out and presumably the streaming out and recording too?

Yes. That's correct, Dave.

VERY VERY COOL! The next obvious question is.... while doing this, can you cut back to the Network IN graphics so they show on the video out too?

Yes, you can continue to use that external computer input as a scan-converted video source, independent of the Projector output. Should you wish to send the up-res'd video to projector, simply de-select the scaler direct output, and it will cleanly cut to whatever you have on Live.

Paul