PDA

View Full Version : Layout and dual screens

shadowshifter
05-09-2005, 03:25 AM
If this has been covered could someone please point me at it as my searches have been fruitless (perhaps I'm searching spastically ;)) Either way it's not so much a problem as a matter of curiousity.

Here's the setup: I have a G4 867Mhz laptop with a 19" CRT monitor attached as a secondary screen. The video card in question is a nVidia GeForce 4 MX, OS is MacOSX (10.3.9).

Modeler works fine. Layout however, when booted up in the nice big 19" secondary screen (I like that stuff to be in the secondary screen to use as much screen space as possible including the space taken up by the menu bar thing in the primary screen) is black in the middle. All the menus and the slider are visible, just the business area is black. And not a lot will make it visible. It works fine in the primary screen and works equally fine (aside from occasionally not redrawing if something is put and moved around on top of it until said thing is closed) if the 19" is made the primary screen.

What causes this? I would like the 19" to be the secondary screen to gain those few extra 20 or so pixels high in space but as I said, not a major issue.

Any insight or links to previous discussions appreciated :)

gatz
05-09-2005, 11:33 AM
I don't have any problems with my dual monitor setup. Even the sleep issues have vanished. I use an ATI 9800 with two 20' CRTs on a MDD Dual 1 GHZ, OSX 10.3.9. There are assorted redraw issues but not like you related.

rg