PDA

View Full Version : Not enough points selected???

spec24
05-08-2005, 06:40 PM
3 points weren't enough, and 4 points aren't enough. I've got 4 points selcted, I hit 'p' and modeler tells me "Not enough points selected." Anyone know why this is happening???

...it's a bug. I went into another layer and made three points and sure enough I could make a polygon. So I went back to my model and it worked. :mad:

Silkrooster
05-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Its possible that the 4th point belongs to a different poly. This can easily happen when there is more than one poly sharing the same plane.
Silk

spec24
05-09-2005, 07:27 AM
Its possible that the 4th point belongs to a different poly. This can easily happen when there is more than one poly sharing the same plane.
Silk

nope - it was just a bug :) . Why would a point belonging to another poly make any difference? It should still make a polygon. In fact it does - I do it all the time. Or do I misunderstand what you're saying?

Psycho Zo
05-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Yeah happens to me a lot as well. I find the solution is to close modeller and reopen it. ;)

Silkrooster
05-09-2005, 09:05 PM
No, I think I misunderstood you. I was thinking the poly was already created. Sometimes I read the posts a little too fast and miss the little details like you hitting the p key. :rolleyes:
As far as creating polys I have not seen this bug yet.
Silk