PDA

View Full Version : Auto character setup 4 any good?

KillMe
05-06-2005, 02:12 PM
ok heres the situation i have taken it upon myself to do a 5 min animation with character animation however i have essentially no character animation experiance and well i have until setember so i was thinking that after my initial rigging tests that evena basic rig was causing me trouble so it might be an idea to skip the rigging section of the process to leave more time to get to grips with the actual animation and timing

so to my question

is ACS 4 good and is it easy to use?

harlan
05-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Well, it can never hurt to learn to rig; so some practice at it might be worthwhile. There are a few good docs/tuts on rigging out there - I know SplineGod has some good ones & of course Dan Ablan.

In regards to ACS4, I'm not certain how good it is personally, as I've never used it. You may however want to check out Maestro as well; as it seems like a killer product and they have a functional demo version you could test out. Oh, and Nano's a real cool guy.

I've heard good things about ACS4, but I'm not sure if there's a demo or anything that you could try. It's hard to justify purchasing something without first being able to test it out to see if it works for you.

ciao

Auger
05-06-2005, 09:08 PM
I haven't tried ACS4 either, but I can vouch for Maestro kickin' butt. I really enjoy using it. :D

riki
05-06-2005, 09:22 PM
I think the auto-riggers aren't much help unless you have some knowledge on how to rig a character in the first place.