PDA

View Full Version : 1st T3 in Canada - Report

Videolink
04-24-2003, 09:17 AM
Note: Videolink had the rare priviledge to demo VT[3] only because I had sent my demo machine to the Corporate Video Expo where I was going to demo...but was pulled off the assignment due to health concerns. My computer was already en-route, so what the heck. To answer everyone's burning question of when, let me say we're close approaching a public Beta for everyone.
-Paul Lara

Wow!
Where do I start?
On April 23, 2003 we showed the first T3 in Canada at Wallace Studios here in Toronto Canada.
It is amazing how much Newtek has improved on such a beautiful suite.
The new interfaces are clean and professional looking.
The new tools are quite frankly, amazing.
Integration of procamps, video adjustments and editing tools are easy to find, very user friendly and very impressive.
The new spline editor is excellent and impressed all who saw it.
The thing that really stood out was the ability to do real time standards conversion.
When we put a Pal clip into the middle of a bunch of NTSC clips, while we were playing the project, people couldnt belive their eyes.
Instant access to DV cams, automatically showing up in the switcher was a big hit with many.

I want to remind you all that we also sell Matrox, Canopus, DPS, Pinnacle and Avid, however, not one sytem we have ever seen comes even close to T3.

Also i want to impress upon you all that after 16 years in this business we have NEVER found any company that gives us such good support and service as Newtek.
That goes for us the dealer and our customers as well.

I want to Thank Paul Lara for giving us the opportunity to see this amazing update and be the first in Canada to put it through the demo process.

Our booth was right next to a DPS dealer showing Velocity and a MAC dealer showing ...well...a MAC
We had excellent comments, amazed producers, and 2 orders right off the floor.
Newtek does it again!
and again
and again
Thanks Newtek, Uncle Tim and cousin Andrew, and all at Newtek should be very proud of what you have given this industry.
It is truly amazing.
Bruce
Videolink

RomainR
04-24-2003, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the report Bruce,

So now the big question that is on everyone's mind

When, when, when, when????

Jim Capillo
04-24-2003, 11:16 AM
and WHEN ?????? :D :p

RayLarson
04-24-2003, 12:00 PM
and of course, the most important question,

WHEN

wvp
04-24-2003, 12:24 PM
More important than those questions is,

WHEN

Actually, Hope everything is ok with you Paul. Drinks are on me if you ever make it into DC!

Videolink
04-24-2003, 12:41 PM
All i can say is
Soon
and
You're gonna LOVE IT!
:D

Paul Lara
04-24-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by wvp
Hope everything is ok with you Paul.

Oh, gosh, I'm fit as a fiddle! :D
NewTek didn't want me going to Toronto, given the current SARS concerns, that's all.

Drinks are on me if you ever make it into DC!

You're on! I seem to be hitting the road more and more these days, taking me to exotic locales (such as Cincinnati). ;)

weaponsInspecto
04-24-2003, 05:24 PM
You know, I still get all goose-bumply when I hear about people's first reation to the VT family of products. Thanks VideoLink.You made my day. ('specially the part about demo'ing next DPS)