PDA

View Full Version : Duplicating Textured Objects in Modeller????

boomforeal
05-06-2005, 12:47 AM
OK heres the deal...Im using Lightwave 7.5....I'm modelling an old Theatre with large supporting colums with planar image maps apllied....I've modelled one colum named its surfaces and applied the maps...All I want to do now is mirror and duplicate that colum to build the structure...Only because the duplicated colums all have the same surface names, my maps get distorted and spread out over all the colums instead of being localized to them individually...is there any way of duplicating a surfaced object in Modeller and have it retain its planar image map without having to go to each duplicated object and give it a unique surface name?

cheers

Silkrooster
05-06-2005, 01:14 AM
Try creating a uv map and see if that takes care of it.
Silk

Surrealist.
05-06-2005, 02:11 AM
Can you put those clomns each in their own layer and still maintain the integrety of the structure? Or do they have to be directly connected (share points) with other geometry? If not how bout that and just edit by object in the surface editor? That would alow for multiple surfaces with one name. Just an idea.

pdrake
05-06-2005, 11:25 AM
i've had this problem a number of times. the only solution i've found is to just create one and clone and place it in layout.

JamesCurtis
05-06-2005, 08:25 PM
There may be a way to do it using a morph target.

In Modeler:

1) Create your columns. Make sure each one is right on top of each other.
2) Create a new morph target.
3) Move each of the columns into the required final positions.
4) Save out your object.

In Layout:

1) Load your column object.
2) Set up your object in Morph Mixer. When the slider is at 100% you should see
all of the columns in their proper places and the textures should be right as
well.

I actually haven't tried it but it should work. I had heard this a number of years ago.

Hope it helps.