PDA

View Full Version : configs discovery edition and dongles

spec24
05-05-2005, 09:08 PM
I'm sure this is covered somewhere but I couldn't find it. I just installed LW 8 on my new laptop but I still ahve the old parallel port dongle attached to the other computer - so when I start up LW on the portable it is in LW Discovery Edition mode (just gotta go get my USB to parallel port adapter tomorrow) - but the hub does not work at all. Is this normal in this situation? I remember having problems a long time ago with the Hub when I installed it on my desktop but I can't remember what the reason was or what I did to fix it. I'm wondering if this is the same problem or if I should expect this since it's in Discovery mode. Thanks to anyone who knows. I am leaving for the weekend tomorrow and want to get everything set to bring LW with me - I will not have access to the internet so any problems I will have to fix alone :eek: or before I leave. Thanks again.

John Fornasar
05-05-2005, 09:23 PM
the hub doesn't start in discovery mode...

by the way, there is a plug-in (look on Flay) CheckDongle.p

it'll let you know if you start Layout or Modeler without the dongle - it can be a lifesaver if you switch between machines

spec24
05-06-2005, 06:43 AM
the hub doesn't start in discovery mode...

by the way, there is a plug-in (look on Flay) CheckDongle.p

it'll let you know if you start Layout or Modeler without the dongle - it can be a lifesaver if you switch between machines

thanks John!