PDA

View Full Version : UV Texture Bug?

justinowens
05-05-2005, 08:24 PM
I'm not sure what's going on, if this is a documented bug, or perhaps just an oddity on my system, but I thought I'd post my problem here and see what you all think.

I have a figure I'm texturing, it has one surface called "skin" and many UV maps (one for the head, torso, left arm, right arm, right hand top, right hand palm, left hand top, left hand palm, right leg, left leg, foot side, foot top, foot bottom). Maybe that wasn't the best way to set it up, but one UV map looked horrible (I'm still learning how to make good UV maps), so I went with quite a few.

The problem: I started to apply the UV maps to the color channel, but once I had applied more than one, all non-applied UV areas went black! Specifically, I have the Head UV, Body UV and Lips UVs applied, all other areas (Arms, Hands, Legs, Feet UV areas) are all showing up black in LightWave and in the render. If I click off the UV textures in the color channel until only one remains (doesn't matter which one) the surface goes "normal" and displays the base color.

Any ideas?

System:
LightWave 8.2
Mac OSX 10.3.8
2.5GB RAM
ATI Radeon X800