PDA

View Full Version : Architecture - residential part 01

Ante
05-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Hi,

I posted a untextured version of this house some weeks ago WIP (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=35809) , so I wanted to upload the finished frontside. The earlier shown (now textured) backside is to follow.

Any critics and comments are welcome.

The wellknown (and beautiful) Z4 was modeled by Nigel Schutte.

greets

Ante

EDIT: I posted the actual version instead of the old one.

object
05-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Great render, I love the illustrative surreal reality of the image.
The col building and car blend with the real sky, with the roof complimentary.

ingo
05-05-2005, 12:49 AM
Nice job, i guess the car has ten times the polygons of the house ;) But one critic, the backround image doesn't fit to your camera position, the horizon is way to high. And i am not sure if the reflected sky in the windows is correct. I think its better to understand if there are some trees visible; or is the house on top of one of Stuttgarts hills ? Oh, and the diameter of the "Regenfallrohr" is to big. Otherwise nice athmosphere, now a picture from the other side please :)

Ante
05-05-2005, 02:51 AM
hey ingo & object,

thanks for the comments. ingo, yes the house in really on one of the hills and you can see down the valley to the other hill (ok not Stuttgart but Tübingen) and the other side is even elevated much higher than the POV. The reflection is a little odd, because there is only a flat grass field on the opposite side (some new residential area is expected there ...). The "Regenfallrohr" - ops, yes it's a little big ... :rolleyes: For the polycount: car has 47k and the house 112k (not including the seating on the other side ...), hey even the roof is modeled. Next time you are in Stuttgart you pay the first round of beer (or whatever) :)

seeya

Ante

mattclary
05-05-2005, 06:29 AM
It looks nice but the scale seems to be off to me.

homeboy0358
05-05-2005, 07:16 AM
Yeah great job but.... the scale is off. Look at the size of the car in comparision to the house. The height of the car is the size of a story in the house. You can easily fix this by making the car smaller.... Just my thoughts....

JML
05-05-2005, 07:53 AM
Yeah great job but.... the scale is off. Look at the size of the car in comparision to the house. The height of the car is the size of a story in the house. You can easily fix this by making the car smaller.... Just my thoughts....

it looks like the scale is off, but I think the scale might actually be right.. you can see/understand the size of the story where the doors are, not on the right where the roof is, the roof may be lower there just for style..

great image, did you use montecarlo or just backdrop radiosity ?
and the sun is an area light , right?

ravantra
05-05-2005, 07:55 AM
It's the roof shingles that are way off. Those are huge! They are probably only 25% that size.....my 2 cents

mattclary
05-05-2005, 08:08 AM
it looks like the scale is off, but I think the scale might actually be right.. you can see/understand the size of the story where the doors are, not on the right where the roof is, the roof may be lower there just for style..

I considered that, but the railing reinforces the perception. And the downspout/gutter drain seems very large.

JML
05-05-2005, 09:25 AM
yes.. the railings seems to be really high.. maybe they have different railing height regulations where he lives...

Ante
05-05-2005, 10:58 AM
hey guys,

thanks for the replies. The scale of the car and the house is correct, like JML said, look at the doors of the house. The roof is so low (even in the front area ...), so it makes it look off-scale. The roof shingles and the down-sputter (didn't know the word until today)are really big :o I will correct those. The railing height was the same like in the architects plans, but this doesn't mean it's correct ;)

Will post an update soon.

Ante

wacom
05-05-2005, 04:48 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but the curb of all things looks a little big too...could just be the texturing, but it seems a little large.

JML
05-05-2005, 05:47 PM
the gutter is missing :)

lsddigital
05-05-2005, 05:52 PM
very nice work! I like the ambient
.. did you use fprime?
can you share your light setting?

monovich
05-05-2005, 06:08 PM
very nice render and modeling. it does look surreal, which is cool, but I have no idea what makes it look surreal.

thumbs up.

ingo
05-06-2005, 01:39 AM
very nice render and modeling. it does look surreal, which is cool, but I have no idea what makes it look surreal.

thumbs up.

I think its because he has no sun that throws shadows, just an HDR image for ambient light i guess. Its kinda like a bright twightlight zone.

adrian
05-06-2005, 02:03 AM
I think it's a great render. I have to disagree about the scale - I think it looks fine (the front of the house is waaay lower than the back, which would explain why the roof is so low).

Hey Ante, one of my educational German CDs featured Tübingen, and I think I know the hill you're talking about (opposite or near to the Rathaus?) :)

Adrian.

Prowler
05-06-2005, 03:54 AM
Verry nice

Ante
05-06-2005, 05:26 AM
hi,

thanks for all comments & critics.

Ingo, it surely has a sun (yeah, my second beer ;)), look at the shadow under the car and the roof on the right side. The lighting is a area light combined with hdr and reflectors.

Adrian, you are right. It's an object facing the "Rathaus". On the other hill is the Tuebingen clinic (don't know which one, because the medical university is all over the town).

I changed the original one with an update. I checked again all dimensions (and of course corrected some ... ). Believe me, now nothing is off-scale ;)

Greets

Ante

mattclary
05-06-2005, 09:09 AM
MUCH better!!